These threads are getting boring

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Barney, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

People, I have noticed somthing over the past few years in these forums. I hate to say it, but they have gotten stale and boring. what ever happened to the in depth discussions of DRWEB, Kaspersky and the other classic AV's. The Antivirus topic in addition to many other security topics here have gone flat. I find myself less and less interrested in reading these posts. We need to spice things up around here.

Barney.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well A vs B antivirus threads are no longer allowed so that probably had some effect.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , we can no longer fight :D :D :D and this got a little bit boring :p :D

4. Barney

Barney Registered Member

why the heck can't we have A vs B wars. That is totally rediculous. Why don't people grow up. Who cares if people want to argue. Back in those days, I was really hooked to these threads. I would visit constantly to get the latest updates. Now, I barely even come here any more. It is always the same boring stuff - AVAST, AVIRA, Norton....BORING!!! This place better spice up or people will slowly disappear.

Barney

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Well heres the reason posted:
    Longer explanation here.

6. Barney

Barney Registered Member

The whole point of an A Vs B war is not to resolve anything. It is just like a channel on a TV set. If you don't like it, don't turn to it. Some people like A vs B wars and therefore it should be an option for them. A topic doesn't always have to resolve somthing or have a particular point. Lets start a new topic: A VS B Wars...Caution...enter at your own risk!!!! Maybe then, people would let us have our fun.

Barney

7. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

And what, pray tell, makes you think that the forums and users are here to cater to your interests and provide you with entertainment?

8. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Kinda like Jerry Springer?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Before this thread gets to far along let's do be clear about one thing. The policy that WSFuser quoted above and the link provided concerning this forums policy as it relates to A Vs B is just that....a forum policy. This policy is not open for debate but as with all issues concerning this forum....Please feel free to contact one of our Admins if one wishes to comment about this or any other board policy. However....We will not be having an open debate\discussion about this policy or any other forum policy.

They do crop up from time to time and can only suggest that you have a look at the past threads for those that strike your interest.

Bubba

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Many of us don't find these forums boring. If you want more excitement, go to the wrestling forums.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

my own personal thoughts are, the A is better then B threads were less frequently including Nod in the comparision. Now this being a Eset support forum, it makes sense to tweak or change as needed.;)

Isnt it a bit ironic that AVs are the only security products covered under this policy.

12. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

More like this is an independent security forum that leased out a subforum or two to Eset, I think.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well it is site policy, take it or leave it. I like this place and the information gained here, so that still out weighs any policy I might differ with.

14. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

@ Barney - sorry we're not as entertaining to you as you'd like. However, the policy as linked is not up for debate, nor will it be changing any time soon. Just to emphasize, we will not be allowing any kind of "A vs B wars" here.

As for
    Such a thread will be closed immedately.
    The policy was applied to Anti-virus vs. Anti-virus threads since those types of threads was where the most flames and personal attacks took place.

As stated many times before, forum management decisions are not up for public dabate. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.