TheGreenbow firewall. Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sukarof, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I did download and install it but I got BSOD some sort of conflict with bobfilap.sys that belongs to the firewall and I think Prevx1 since the BSOD comes at the same time as Prevx1 is loading.

Since I am on my route to non intrusive security apps it would be nice if this was one of them.
    Anyone tried it to confirm what they claim:

I have seen some posts about it, but they are a year old and I guess Thegreenbow has evolved since then.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Tried it a few months ago, it was very light on the resources but also very basic. It didn't pass many of the leaktests (possibly none of them if i remember correctly). I wasn't that impressed with it, look n stop is a far better choice.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for your input. I did manage to install it properly after I uninstalled Prevx1 and reinstalled it after I installed greenbow. I haven't tried all the leak tests, it fails cpilsuite and pcflankleaktest but it passes grc leaktest and DNS tester at least :)
    It is indeed very light on resources and not much configuration posibilities (or hassle if you want :) )
    I will try it for a while to see if it something to recommend to friends who hate firewall popups :)

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah if you just want a basic easy to use firewall then its fine, it doesnt interfere too much and doesnt slow the system down, 2 positive points imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.