the web site you are accessing has been blocked by....

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mypenry, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mypenry

mypenry Registered Member

When I surf the web I keep getting this come on screen....

( Sorry! the web site you are accessing has been blocked by ministry of information and communication technology )

Can any one please recommend a software programe ( don;t mind paying ) which will allow me to surf the web with out it being blocked as shown above

Thanks .... Mypenry

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

But you must keep in mind that by bypassing you countrys laws such as blocking these sites you could be putting yourself at risk of legal action if caught bypassing their blocking software. :doubt:

4. nadirah

Well bigc, I can only guess its related to politics. The government does have the right to enforce such policies/laws to protect their citizens, but I'm not so sure about the bypassing part... but I don't think he'll get sued for that. Anyway, its their choice.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If your government told you you couldn't view certain web pages and went so far as to block them and then you used software to overide their decision you don't think they would be upset. You better think again.

6. nadirah

Abide by the rules that's all. The answer to this thread is: Don't do anything.
    Bypass them, i don't know what will happen. All i can say is good luck to you.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll definetly agree with what BigC said and instead of my words I'll quote a person that I have a great deal of respect for and who has always offered words of wisdom when it comes to such matters.

Please substitute your affected country for China.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=639363#post639363

8. mypenry

Thanks Guy;s for the Honest replys , I would still if possible liket to find some one who will help me surf the web in peace ..?

if you can offer this ' newbie ' some help please send me a private message .

I did try and log on to ...http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/p...al_net_shield/

but YES I was blocked !!

............ Thanks ........... Mypenry

9. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Put a CGIProxy on a web server, don't tell anyone, and you have a private web proxy and only you can use it:
    http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/
    It can even be automatically installed to your web host thanks to the services of Zoltan Milosevic. Go to:
    http://install.xav.com/?p=cgiproxy
    Ideally, you want it in an SSL-protected directory and don't put it in any directory that would give away what you're doing. Name it something like, "WebDesignShoppingCartDemo"......You would look like a budding entrepreneur.
    Depending on where you are, this could be a very easy solution to surfing to your heart's content.

Good luck!

----securityx----

10. mypenry

Thanks securityx for your advice and willingness to post me on this subject , I think most forum members here are not subjected to blocking , but if they were I think I would have received more replys ..?.... I will give your advice a try and thanks

Mypenry

11. SKA

SKA Registered Member

securityx

The cgiproxy download (first link above) is also blocked.
    Do you have a mirror ?

SKA

12. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Except if you are want to act in defiance and exert your human rights and freedom of expression no matter the cost. I say do what you feel is right but do it with your eyes open to the realities of the potential consequences in your jurisdiction. I would be breaking the law if they outlawed accessing news sites or science sites because they didn't agree with the regime in my countries views.

Fairy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.