the VB100 Compares

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nok, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

No, Norton is NOT 500MB. Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 is, as i stated earlier in this thread.;)

Cheers

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

correct me if I'm wrong but aint that corporate version ?

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Yeah, it is... SAV CE (Symantec AV Corporate Edition) used to be a nice AV product until ~v9 inclusive. With v10 it jumped on the slow bloated junk track and SEP 11 (which is v10 follow-up) is a huge disaster wrt both quality assurance and performance. You still get SAV CE 10 licenses with and can downgrade at any time, which speaks volumes about vendors confidence in this product.

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Kaspersky, Eset and a few others let you do the same thing as Norton and there perfectly good products. just because you can use the older version don't mean its crap. many people use the other versions because of Aging hardware. or simply cant takes the design of the new one. (to set in there ways)

the only thing I can say in Norton's defence honestly is it dont seem to matter what people here or any other fourm think they have there hands to deep in the share of the market to really lose any ground (in the corpate sence) kind of like Mircosoft. they can release a crap fully bugged OS and people just deal with it. and hope for better down the line lol.

5. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Registered Member

Actually, it speaks more of having an understand of the corporate market. No IT Manager is going to release a Dot-Zero product to the network if they can avoid it, nor are they going to get budget to upgrade unless there is a compelling reason to do so.

If SAV CE 10 is working fine, why go through the work to upgrade your corporation?

Same applies to any software package rolled out to the full organization: Operating Systems, Office Software, etc.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

So, now are these tests accurate?

7. L815

L815 Guest

Hmm, I wonder if that is the AV my college runs. It's very lightweight, and has caught just about everything I've noticed (infected USB's, script kiddies, etc...).

8. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

AFAIK it's a very stable AV suite. Runs on 40+ computers on my work with no hiccups what so ever and kept them free for malware.

Cheers

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

10. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Curious to hear what you think of BD

11. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I could never get it uninstalled easily- but perhaps that has changed?

12. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Sorry for the off-topic:
    You can easily uninstall BitDefender by first right clicking on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray and press on exit. Afterwards download and run this uninstall tool. I never had issues in the past when this tool didn't exist to remove BitDefender. The only thing that was left were some registry entries.

13. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

BD seems to enjoy a good detection rate in almost all tests.
    They scored well in VirusInfo,VB100,AV-Comparitives, etc. And are consistently in the top tier of late.

Sure it may not be the best, but they are definitely in contention for the job.:thumb:

14. Flava

Flava Registered Member

i dont know if i can belive on bitdefender.
    I know that with bitdefender this month it has the best detection and next month or next 6 month it has the worse detection rate :)

15. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Maybe that's because they are improving ....
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.