The unofficial Shadow Defender Support Thread.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

For Zoom, I think you need to exclude files "permissions.sqlite" and/or "contents-prefs.sqlite". See if you have either of those files in your profile folder. I dont save any preferences in Firefox so I dont have either file but you might find them in your profile folder since you have Firefox set to save Site preferences. Look at the bottom of this page for Site-specific preferences.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

To save phishing in Shadow mode, you need to exclude files "cert8" and "blocklist" in AppData>Roaming and folder "Safebrowsing" in AppData>Local. I dont exclude phishing. If you dont exclude it, it will update for good next time you run Firefox out of Shadow mode.

Bo

2. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Bookmark'd link and will commit places.sqlite :thumb:

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I have always kept a backup of my bookmarks over the years by saving a copy of places.sqlite, but that no longer works for me. I have to use the import/export feature in FF to back up my bookmarks now. I'm not able to restore them by copying the places.sqlite file to the FF profile folder any longer. I'm not sure if places.sqlite became corrupted at some point, or if maybe FF is not able to handle the number of bookmarks I have accumulated over the years.

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

@bjm_
    As I read your posts in this thread I want to ask you one question...if you want to exclude so many areas...do you realy want to use SD? Maybe SD isn't for you?

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

SD 1.4.0.578 & Win 8.1 64 - Is this just me? Rebooting to be not in SM (shadow mode), windows action center Red X, regarding virus protection required. Emsisoft IS reports no problems, check security center service Okay. Reboot again not in SM. And the Red X is gone.

6. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

Rico, I don't use Windows 8.1 so the only help I can offer at this time is to suggest that you contact Tony by email at supportATshadowdefenderDOTcom or post something to The Official Shadow Defender Forum (link below), someone might pick it up there.

Patrick

ps Could you let me know if you find anything out about this?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Duong Nguyen

Duong Nguyen Registered Member

I’m using Windows 7 - 64bit. I don’t use SD much, I only use it for testing software.
    My system hangs more often when I open more exe files, play more music or video. Sometime, the system cannot even sleep or hibernate.
    These problems do not always appear, but they make me annoyed.

I’m not sure whether SD cause system hanging or it conflicts with my Avast 9. Recently, SD was updated new version with: fixed: A memory access violation. But I’m not sure these problems are resolved completely or it still has bugs. So I decided stay with build 325.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  8. arimarjul

arimarjul Registered Member

Hello,

I' m having the following problem.

After the installation of Shadow Defender on W7 x32 and reboot the system, the process "defender daemon" does not start.

If i run the SD desktop icon the process opens and closes inmediately.

also the tray icon is missing.

I've already check the configuration on msconfig, and did a clean uninstall and reinstall but still happen the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

9. sdmod

Hi arimarjul,
    I've replied to you on The Official Shadow Defender Forum suggesting that you e-mail supportATshadowdefenderDOTcom

I personally experienced the same problem that you are having many years ago with a much older version (1.1.0.331 I think) and I could not find a solution to it. Tony was not available at that time for me to ask for help.
    I was using Windows 2000 when I had this problem and I found that it prevented me from installing any other version successfully apart from an early version Shadow Defender 1.1.0.278. That was the biggest problem that I have ever had with Shadow Defender (I tried everything at the time) and it was only resolved when I upgraded to XP. Things have progressed since then, so contact Tony at the above address

Patrick

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I uncheck the msconfig-startup entry of SD, is it needed?

11. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Yes you can. It doesn't affect 'shadowing'. It is used for certain SD alerts, such as when the disk volume is getting full.

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Please check and post the results. Does SD work normally?

13. khanyash

Yes, works fine here.

Win 7 64

14. khanyash

So I will not get those alerts, then what will happen if the disk volume is getting full?

15. khanyash

My frd gave me the licence & it registered. Does this means its lifetime licence?

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Just for anyone who is curious. I've built up a VM with windows 10 TR x64, and SD runs fine in it.

Pete

17. sdmod

As long as the licence is genuine, it is a lifetime licence. Your friend should have a record of his purchase to show you that it is a legitimate licence.
    If your friend is also using the licence, that is not accceptable and you would need to purchase a licence for yourself.
    Keep your licence safe because if you upgrade Shadow Defender your licence might need to be entered again.
    I'm not suggesting anything by this, just trying to give the best information that I can. I hope that you enjoy using Shadow Defender.

Patrick

18. khanyash

How do I know if the licence is genuine or not?
    My frd said, he got 3 licence from his frd. 2 licence, he is using on his systems & 1 he gave me.
    If the licence is not genuine, it will be blacklisted anytime & I will be asked for valid licence by SD, right?

19. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Right.

20. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

...or you just may see smoke coming from your PC. :eek:

21. khanyash

White or Black smoke?;)

22. sdmod

Your friend should have received an e-mail on purchase and a receipt.

From Shadow Defender page

'Please purchase our products through our secure online store at Avangate, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. After the order is processed successfully, an email with registration information will be sent to you instantly.

As a registered user, you will receive:
    • 1. A lifetime license.
    • 2. Unlimited Shadow Defender.
    • 3. 100% FREE product updates.
    • 4. Email with registration instructions sent to you instantly.
    • 5. Free technical support with E-mail.
    We have partnered with Avangate use theirs services to handle online order processing. Avangate is a company that provides payment processing solutions to manufacturers of software products.

Online Order
    You may register our software online by using Credit Card. This is the fastest and easiest way. Click on appropriate Buy link. It will take you Avangate's secure web site to place your order. The charge on your card will appear from Avangate Online Sales. If for some reason you encounter a problem using the online ordering system (the system does not accept your order), please contact supportATavangateDOTcom.'

23. caspian

caspian Registered Member

24. sdmod

He should rename his video to 'Bypass Shadow Defender in five thousand simple steps' ;)

25. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You are watching someone who likes to make clicking noises on his PC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.