"The system partition has different symbol from saved one..."

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by DiMarco, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiMarco

DiMarco Registered Member

Hi online

I run RVS 2008 on Win7. I had an Image created at 15.12.2010.

This Image i now had to use to my HDD, because I had gotten some Problems with Software.

Any Time between 15.12.2010 and now i had given an earlier unused Partition on my HDD a Use, means from HDD 1 I always used as C: and D: i now had used additional HDD 2 as E:

The Image i once created has been created with RVS ON. Now when i boot with my unpacked Image, i get the same Message:

"The system partition has different symbol from saved one. Please reinstall to fix issue."

I cant disable the running Protection, because i dont get any Icon on my Systray. I tried to call the Panel by clicking the *.exe itself, but it does only give me the Message as above.

I cant uninstall the RVS, because the System Protection is on.

I tried to access *.exe and Uninstall in Windows Safe Mode, but it doesnt work.

How can i disable the System Protection, so i can uninstall this Version and Reinstall or Install a newer Version?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi DiMarco and welcome to the forums :)

For RVS 2008, please do the following:

1. Make sure you have a copy of the installer. If you do not, open your RVS directory and save a copy of the uninstall.exe file on a backup drive as setup.exe (rename the copy to setup.exe).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode

3. Locate and then delete the file named "RVSYSTEM.dat"

4. Restart your computer in normal Windows and verify the virtualization is now deactivated

5. Use your Windows add/remove programs feature to uninstall the current copy and restart the computer when asked to complete this operation properly

5. Restart the computer and reinstall RVS 2008

Mike

3. DiMarco

DiMarco Registered Member

Thanks for your real quick Reply.

I followed the Steps you ve written above.

It works great, thank you very much.

best Regards,
    DiMarco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.