The strength of SRP as an Anti-Executable

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ssj100, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I'd be fairly certain that Tzuk could clear it up yes.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Okay Kees, you had to be getting paid for this :D This procedure seems way too labour-intensive to me, although I'll admit it probably by far results in the most accurate representation of what the virus does to the system. But at least now I think I understand what you meant in your "most unlucky man" suggestion :D

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

@ Watt and Andyman

Brilliant Wilders community reaction :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

The spooler service one was the first that came to mind as it was so recent. As I suspected when it was first reported, it wasn't a vulnerability in the spooler service at all, but rather a Windows feature that had been overlooked in Sandboxie design and could be used to get out of the sandbox if the user was logged in as admin. (So, your setup, as far as I know, would have easily prevented that bypass.) There have been others, too, but fat chance that I could remember then now that it would be useful. :gack:

Yeah, I've noticed. It's a very good thing to emphasize that security is much more than a bunch of apps or settings. Even most quite sophisticated attacks and attempts to bypass security software can be thwarted simply by using one's head and of course social engineering attacks can be only by reliably defended against that way. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.