The state of the Linux community

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

To start a successful business from an operating system you first need to publicise a clear strategy to the potential purchasers, end users and interested parties which transparently lays out in clear terms and demonstrates an intention to achieve a broadly useable, functional, utilitarian, non gimmicky, stable (through time usage as well as in function) product within a given, short, time frame. From the outset there should be a working framework for dialogue, interactivity and transparency with a proactive enthusiastic policy of acceptance of the legitimaty of input from all concerned parties.
    In old fashioned terms a user inclusive "business" plan, to the end of creating an affordable, easily understood, intuitive, operating system with real integrity, that can become widely distributed, accepted and used by all members of society. This operating system in all aspects of it's development and useage must be accessible to a layman without being patronising or in ay way "dumbed down".
    This sort of mutually beneficial approach would attract people from all walks of life and attract the money and energies needed for achieving success.
    I think that the general public are sick to death of being mugged, force fed, ignored, undermined, sidelined, patronised, discredited, de-stabilised, dehumanized at every turn. I'd like to see a useable operating system focused on the needs of everyday people and not solely on the needs of niche interest groups or profiteers.
    I hate the faite accompli strategy of current operating system commercial development, "We've made it, it's here, your having it, whether you like it or not, we will not allow you to stay as you are, you must conform to our philosophy and monetary agenda or be left crawling in the dirt"
    It really is time for a fundamental change.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.