The silent install, revisited

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by klaatu, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klaatu

klaatu Registered Member

Still need a silent install with Enable All Protection! No screens for my users to click on. Is this in the works? How much would it cost to get that done?

Alternately, is there some way I could repackage with Innosetup to automatically enable all protection?

Thanks!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey klaatu,

I'll ask a few questions until JavaColl catches this thread.

"silent install....Enable All Protection....No screens for my users to click on."

Am I assuming correctly that your wanting to push this to their PC's without their knowledge ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  3. klaatu

klaatu Registered Member

Absolutely. I don't want them to know a thing.

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

So you're looking to make a 'foistware' version of SWB (I presume)? While you may have legitimate reasons for wanting to do this, somehow I just can't seem to picture Javacool being willing to go along with it.

5. klaatu

klaatu Registered Member

Why wouldn't you want to enable all protection by default? Isn't that the point of the product?

Having to explain the enabling process to 1000+ users is a problem. A significant number of them just won't "get it". Others will simply ignore it. From an administrative standpoint, a silent install with all protection enabled is the best option. What the users cannot click, they cannot screw up.

6. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Sorry, Klaatu, but you weren't clear on your professional status. This (or similar) request has been made in other threads, and I don't think that Javacool has yet to come up with a 'corporate' solution. I could be wrong, however, and it might be worth your while to look for, and through, these other threads to see where things stand on this topic.

7. MCT

MCT Registered Member

the following works..

on a working system with no spyware blaster protections enabled..

download a program called RegSnap
    take a snapshot (whole system) , next enable all protections via spyware blaster, take another snapshot, press "compare" it will generate a .reg file if u tell it 2, save the .reg file as "spywareblaster.reg", next add the following 2 a .bat file

Code:
    start /wait spywareblaster32.exe /VERYSILENT
    taskkill /im spywareblaster.exe /f
    REGEDIT /S spywareblaster.reg

u can do lots more, but thats just basics :)

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster Network Version is being worked on, and should allow what you are looking for (plus some other great features). :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

Yes I cant wait for this as well for an unattanted install. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.