The Security Center service failed to start due to the following error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ronnycopeh, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Registered Member

I can't start windows security center since installing Nod32, I keep getting the error message. is there a known fix?
    "The Security Center service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

I have search for about 2 weeks for a solution until finally contacting Hp support group and this is a part of the chat:

Annice A : Ronnell, the Nod32 antivirus will block the windows security center.
    Annice A : I recommend that you remove Nod32 and check whether the issue is resolved.
    Annice A : You are Welcome.
    Annice A : This is a known issue with Windows Vista and some anti-virus applications.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Nod32 works with the Security Center by reporting its status through the API calls, it doesn't disable it. Go to start and quicksearch for cmd. Right click on it and run it as administrator. From there, type in "regsvr32 wscsvc.dll" and see if it successfully registers the security center dll. If that completes, run services.msc and try to start the Security Center service again from there.

3. ronnycopeh

This is the message I got when trying to register

"The module "wscsvs.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer
    was not found.

Make sure that "wscsvs.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Try starting the service and see if anything happens. I am not familiar with WinPatrol Plus or SuperAntiSpyware Pro, but either of those could be running a service that keeps the Security Center from starting and I suspect they are the likely culprits. If Nod32 is keeping the security center service from starting you should be able to uninstall it and have the service start working again. That would be a good next step to take.

5. ronnycopeh

well I had supersantispyware and winpatrol installed with avast pro and it was running, but the I hate to uninstall nod32 when its running fine, I'll just disable security center and monitor my security prigram and make sure they are updated, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.