The Secret to DVD protection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ShaneB, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneB

ShaneB Registered Member

Hi there, I am so glad I found this excellent forum!

My question, for the more advanced out there, is how to encrypt *several* files on a DVD so that each require a separate password.

Does anybody know of a good software solution for this?
    (idoo secure disk creator? CryptoForge? Anything else??)

Ideally I would like an algo-based password so that if I make several of these DVDs, in theory, each would have a different password to unlock the files.

And again, this would not be to lock the entire DVD, just a portion of the DVD, so some of it would be accessible, and other parts would be locked with a password protection.

Anyone who can point me in the correct direction? Anything to help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hello,

welcome to Wilderssecurity forums!

One of the solution would be create a separate containers in TrueCrypt (freeware) or BestCrypt (paid).
    At the beginning you have to define size of container and choose encryption algorithm.
    Let's say you have created 5 encrypted containers with size of 500MB and one container with size 1500MB. So other space outside created containers will be unencrypted.
    Before you record them into DVD+/-R disk you have to fill them with data.
    After that, you burn DVD disk with all these containers on the board.
    If you would like to get access to your encrypted files you have to mount selected container/s in encryption software I give you at the beginning of this post.

You can also accomplish that with eg. 7-zip (freeware) - you create folder/s and after filling them with data - compress folders into .rar/.zip/.7z files encrypted with password and then burn it into DVD disk.

3. ShaneB

ShaneB Registered Member

Thanks Creer for your post.

I found software called "Folder Lock" and I am not sure if it is much different from BestCrypt...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.