The problem & solution are now clear...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sunshine803, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine803

Sunshine803 Registered Member

Two years ago, when I upgraded to EAV v3 I could not log in to a certain forum site (Photography dpreview) and to my Lycos web mail account. After several unsuccessful attempts with the support team, I reverted back to v2.7 and all was fine again...

I kept testing every single new NOD32 version to see if the problem had gone, but no joy.

Very recently, I came across a posting in a forum that talked about an incompatibility of ZoneAlarm with another antivirus product (Avast), not allowing login into Yahoo or something.

I have been using ZA too all along...

That raised my suspicions. I installed the latest v4 and, true to form, no login success. Closed ZA and all worked fine.

I have changed to Online Armor Free now and it works fine with NOD32 v4.0.474. How could I have known then ? (!)... The only drawback now is that I have to get to grips with both NOD and OA but I hope the effort will be worthwhile.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.