The Pale Moon Project

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Does anyone use this browser, & if so, what are its advantages over Firefox (if any)?

The Pale Moon Project

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I tested it out and the differences are so slight it's not worth bothering with, why because only one person manages this project. So who would you rather use a browser by a team of developers or one person? Point is he'll never be able to do what Firefox does, just make supposed changes to improve, at least that's the hype.

I used Pale Moon and I really did not see any differences in speed and less memory consumption, in fact the exact opposite, Firefox used less ram then Pale Moon while I was testing them both on YouTube.

If you HONESTLY want a fast and light browser and you can do without all the bells and whistles, nothing can beat K-Meleon, hands down it's the lightest and fastest!

If you want speed and the goodies use Opera 10.

3. Daveski17

OK DasFox, thanks for the info. :thumb:

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

As a long time user of Opera and Kmeleon, I think chromium is faster in all respects. It pained me to come to that conclusion after resisting for quite some time, but I simply cannot deny it. It might use more ram, but it is fast.

Sul.

5. Daveski17

I used to use Opera a lot, I don't have it on my desktop now. K-Meleon was another I used to use a lot, it was ahead of its time in many respects. I actually have Chrome as my default browser, although in my opinion it is not as fast as SRWare Iron & for some reason seems to take its time in Yahoo! Mail. I have noticed this on more than one computer, so it isn't a 'platform' thing. If I was suspicious I'd wonder if the Yahoo!/Microsoft deal thingy had something to do with that. It doesn't seem to affect Iron particularly. Luckily I'm not suspicious. ;)

6. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I tried it some months ago, but at that time I kept getting error messages because of KeyScrambler Free (an add-on type program I use with FF and IE), so I uninstalled PaleMoon.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.