The OT posts from: "SUPERAntiSpyware Problem"

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Re: SUPERAntiSpyware Problem

Herein lies the problem. 'Politics'

My guess is that Nick is tired of the warnings and his hands are tied because of it.

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

How can you be sure of that statement?
    Someone.

3. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Read his quote once again. He can't openly respond the way he used to.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I'm pretty sure you can't speak my language. But don't ask, i'm Someone (hint hint). Just believe me, or reveal your language knowledge:)

5. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Even more programs,lmao.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, what ever your look is: If my next door's grade 2 boy can comprehend what I typed in my previous post, I am very sorry to say to you that what kind of English do you learn from school ? Be realistic, English is English, if you have no intention to understand its content, nothing more can be done for you. Take care! Do hope you catch the last sentence I typed.

7. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Someone,you type I will read.

8. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Perman,if you can't use smileys then I can't understand you.Lol.

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Get, You have hurt me beyond repair. :'( LOL

10. Get

Get Guest

I'm sorry to hear that, twl845. I'm inconsolable for sure. :D

11. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

Allow me to preface this with an apology for making a somewhat off-topic post, but I felt compelled to comment on it.

Don't know where to start with this one. First, enough with the condescending and insulting posts. You plead your lack of malicious intent ("no offense or criticism intended") but you repeatedly make posts that are essentially personal attacks.

As to the content of your message, it is simply wrong. English is not the same everywhere, people speak it differently. Whether that be with different accents, different slang, varying vocabularies, etc. But that isn't even really the question or matter at hand. What is being discussed is the nature of conversation via text, and the limitations inherent within this medium of communication. There are many factors in play when conversing via text that determine whether it will be interpreted correctly. To ignore them all is to simply ignore the obvious, and that is exactly what you are doing.

12. interstate ron

interstate ron Registered Member

Hello guys, this is my first post ever and I must say I love these forums at Wilders. To the subject matter, I can see both sides and they are very informative to the readers. It lets you see the inner workings of both sides. By the way, I use sas free and I must compliment Nick period but I can understand the frustration involved.

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

To add a different twist to all this i like to say a hearty WELCOME! to you interstate ron. :cool:

We're sure you will learn much, ask questions and will contribute when compelled, so nice to have another consciencious new member.

Now to all the hoop la la i read earlier i must say wowee! A guy takes a major break in the forum action to do a heavy transition of transferring hard drives and on return reads a ballistic missile of bomblasts over security products and/or their issues.

All i can add is remember THESE ARE MACHINES! and as such we are going to occasionally encounter misery beyond belief because after all these are microsoft designs so heavenly fashioned by highly educated 'puted engineers who by the way aren't always the sharpest pencils in the box you know.o_O

14. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

I agree totally with Easters reply.

ps. Have you got your new computer then? I read one of the post that you are waiting to upgrade your compuer!

15. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: and TypicallyOffBeat: Freedom of expression is what makes this part of world SO great. I do not know which part do you belong to. As I can remember this far in my life, only few people can point to your nose and say you are wrong; they are your teacher(mentor), your parents, your spouse, and perhaps your boss who signs your paycheque. And you are none of them. So please do not contemplate to tell someone else(including me) that he is wrong. You are entitled to have a different views on everything(of course including my posts), but jumping to a conclusion and discredit him with your own opinion is ,IMO, the least that you probably can refrain from. I am just feeding back the post immediately after my previous one. If everyone's post is subject to other's evaluation, and subsequent comments,similiar to one you have done in your post. I might as well impose a self-gaging order. Please view other's opinion with an open mind. As I say earlier, my reply contains no personal attacks or alike, I feel very sad that I have comprehanded in a much different way. Have a nice one.

16. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Perman,no attack on your part?Yea right,what ever you look like.LOL.

17. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,you use a picture w/ your username so proudly, you should at least view my question as anything but a personal attack. Humors , humors that are what make our life so beautiful, and that is exact what I tried to impose. If it did offend you, then I apologize it. I do wish any heated debate leaves no after taste. :)

18. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Thank you.

19. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

What's with all of the OT discussion? PM's are sexy.....:-*

20. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Well stated.

21. walking paradox

Again, I apologize in advance for the OT post, but reason compels me to refute nonsensical notions and irrational or inconsistent positions.

Perman, you seem to be holding positions that run counter to one another. See below
    So your saying that I should refrain from expressing my opinion if it proves your opinion wrong and thus somehow discredits you? Also, you seem to be saying that those who fall outside of the social relations you mentioned are not allowed or should not argue? Arguments more or less presuppose that you think you are right and the other person is wrong. Whether you express it explicitly or leave it to be implied is a moot point. Your position on this matter is seemingly nonsensical, especially when you consider the other statements you made. . .
    The only way, that I can see, wherein you could reconcile these two positions, is by contending that one can have and express a disagreeing opinion, but if that opinion proves another person's opinion wrong, then one cannot or should not express it. Strange position to say the least.

As a seperate matter. . .
    No matter how one reads what you are saying here, it just doesn't make sense. Just FYI, these are open forums, anyone can give their input on any matter, and yes all your posts are subject to everyone else's evaluation, and everyone else has the right to comment on your posts. So looks like you should impose the 'self-gaging order' :blink: you speak of, whatever that is.

22. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, TypicallyOffBeat: As you have suggested it, this is an open forum after all. No body can stop you from talking. You can spend your sleepless nights trying to win your points, that is your rights. You and I are the birds of very different feather. And I just lost my frequency. Sorry. Out.

23. walking paradox

lol, I'm at work right now. But I must be mistaken, or else I would be proving your statement wrong, and we can have none of that :blink:

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Frankly, I wasn't quite sure what to do with the thread when I saw the huge number of off-topic replies posted in it.

We have people asking that SuperAntiSpyware get a forum section at Wilders and a reply explaining why that probably won't happen; comments regarding the difficulties communicating with the written word; the idea that maybe smileys could help prevent misunderstandings versus them not really being the fix; opinions that maybe someone was not polite or some have ranted; a joke calling one person names (as an example of how smileys might soften such a comment) which was actually removed; people saying maybe not having English as a first language is an issue, and that there is either only one English or it differs from place to place; thoughts that maybe duplicating questions and/or support replies in different places is an issue or extra work for some, versus the idea that posting at forums may help others if they have the same problem; and a partridge in a pear tree...

I decide to split the posts that are off topic 49 out of 66, counting one removed by the staff as a little offensive, and leaving both here. The technical problem which includes a little back and forth between DVD+R and Nick, but they are the principals directly involved in the support problem, so that's their business, and a separate thread with all this other stuff.

We'll probably be closing this "other stuff" thread soon. Discussions about individual forum participants, how they've acted or posted, plus all this other stuff, is really not what this forum is all about. For those who have issue with this, I submit that forum management is not an exact science, and I've simply never seen a thread quite like this one (i.e. the original combined one) before. What I do know is that it couldn't continue as it was, that much is certain.

25. walking paradox

To reiterate, I am (somewhat :D ) sorry for my OT posts, but as I said I felt compelled to interject in the name of reason and objectivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.