the new spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by the dummy, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the dummy

the dummy Registered Member

Will this version of spyware blaster be able to stop cookies from installing on my win 7 64, useing ie8 and chrome? It seems like it might but im not so sure.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I don't it works for Chrome but it should protect the IE8 32bit on Win7 64bit. Not sure if it will work for IE8 64 bit (as you can ran both versions on Win7 64bit)

3. the dummy

Thanks for the reply, Im not sure if i understand what you are saying though. I Have two lap tops; 1st is a vista 32 running ie8 & chrome, and the second is a win 7 64 with ie8 & chrome. As far as ie8 being 32 or 64 bit, i have no idea. this would be the first time ive heard of a browser being bit oriented.:blink:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Spyware Blaster only provides full protection for Internet Explorer. There is Cookie protection for Firefox, but not "Restricted Sites". None of the other browsers are supported.

I think it's outdated imho.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Check in All programs, you will see 2 shortcuts Internet Explorer (64-bit) & Internet Explorer.

6. the dummy

Thanks everyone, i think i get it now. Im not sure i understand why its out dated, but its blocking cookies to the point that superantispyware cant find any. So i guess my question is what other app is there that does what spyware blaster does and is not out dated?

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

8. the dummy

Thank you once again. I think i will disable the third party cookie feature and see where this takes me. The internet is a scarry place for dummies like myself.

9. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Does adblock do the same for FF as SB in IE? SB block bad activex doesn't it but FF willl not run these anyway to my knowledge

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not really, AdBlock Plus doesn't block cookies, but it still blocks the ads from connecting to you (which should block the cookies as well).
    If you add the "Malware Domains List" from here (second last one), it will function like the "Restricted Sites" on SpywareBlaster.

11. the dummy

Or you can do what i did and stop fighting the beast and use ie8 with sb.:eek: Ie8 seems safe enough:doubt: and the beast likes it when you use its toys:blink:

12. david banner

david banner Registered Member

thanks for that link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.