The new NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Paolo Monti, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> Thinking about purchasing NOD32. There is a page on the Aussie site, http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/products/95.HTM
    that needs fixing. It show three images in a row, when you click to enlarge them, the third image shows you the second image; there is no enlarged image for the third. Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up Acadia.

Fixed!

2. Agent Blue

Agent Blue Registered Member

Yes, we've been hearing about this all year long. How about less talk and more action? You guys are almost as bad as DiamondCS and their "just around the corner" version of TDS-4.

3. wizard

wizard Registered Member

It takes some time to write some real good outstanding applications. But it takes even more time to get rid of all the bugs left especially when you remember how many different Windowsversion are still in use (each with several Service Packs).

So I prefer to wait to get some good (and hopefully bugfree) software. What does it bring me to install NOD32 2.0 but it would fail to detect malware because of a too short testing time?

Also NOD32 is in is current version not outdated. It still deals with all actual ITW virus threats.

wizard

4. DavidH

DavidH Registered Member

Hi

What does this statement mean regarding NOD32 V2 compatability with firewalls like Outpost, Kerio, etc. Personally, I use Outpost and I am a little concerned about conflicts between NOD32 and Outpost. I would very much like to continue using both applications. Can anyone provide any informed feedback on whether there is a potential for conflict between the new NOD32 V2 Winsock virus interception and personal firewalls like Outpost or others. Thanks for your time and feedback.

Best Regards,
    David

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

i to use both Nod32 and OutPost. and i will say one thing
    if they are not compatable, Nod32 will go before OutPost!!
    and when is the new version coming out?? just wondering
    some of us were promised beta testing and then forgotten!!

6. :eek:
    I've been using NOD32 and Outpost Pro now for over 6 months now. Never had any compatibility problems. However, if any do arise in the future, I trust NOD32 too much to let it go. Let's just wait to see if their will be any problems before we start trying to solve problems that don't even exist!

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

David,

It's somewhat premature to be concerned about possible software conflicts in regard to a newly build that hasn't been finished yet.

Be assured, Eset will not release conflictious software - users nor Eset would benefit from that ;).

regards.

paul

8. DavidH

DavidH Registered Member

Hi Paul,

First, thank you all for your replies. :)

Please understand that I tried to be as careful as possible in how I worded my post. I only wanted to express "concern" for a "potential issue". I am sure that all possible will be done to make sure the release is successful. I am more patient than most and have a great appreciation for a company that will take the time they need to get their product as prepared as possible. That is why I use Outpost, NOD32, and TDS. The primary motivation for my post was just to gather information and see if Eset had anything to say about my "concern". I NEVER jump to conclusions or make premature determinations that problems exist so I hope that nobody concluded that from my first post. I would like to get off to a good start in this forum. I am optimistic that no problems will exist. I just wanted to check and see what feedback I received on this question. Thank you for your time and feedback. I greatly appreciate it. :)

Best Regards,
    David

9. Paul Wilders

David,

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me (nice combo you have installed, btw :) ). Concerned but open minded software users are an asset IMHO; those are the ones keeping software designers alert. Thanks for contributing, hope to see you over here often and - last but not least: welcome!

regards.

paul

10. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

Hi David,

I don't think that NOD32 users should worry very much about this issue, since Outpost and the new NOD32 IMON (Internet Monitor) work at two completely different layers: the former intercepts Internet traffic at TDI (Transport Data Interface), the latter works at a much higher layer, probably in "user mode" at Winsock level. I don't have yet the most "bloody" technical details but I'm pretty sure to be right.
    Anyway, be assured that I personally will check out any possible incompatibility issue... because my company is also the official distributor of Outpost for Italy ;)

ciao,
    Paolo.

11. root

root Registered Member

Hey Paolo, you show very good taste! :D

12. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

:D :D :D
    Well, just to say a little bit more about me: many years ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was also the first distributor outside Russian federation of AntiViral toolkit Pro (AVP), the former Kaspersky Antivirus. Besides NOD32, KAV is the only antivirus which deserves my most deep respect. In that period, Kaspersky Labs didn't exist yet, the group of AV Russian developers was composed by 3 programmers only: Eugene Kaspersky, Vadim Bogdanov and Alexey De Mont De Rique. And when the first Back Orifice and Netbus came on the scene, I suggested to Eugene to add a new database: backdoor.avc, dedicated to catch new backdoor. Good, old days ;)

ciao,
    Paolo.

13. Psihiatru

Psihiatru Guest

Question

will be Nod32 2.0 bigger slower like KAV or like it ? :doubt:

14. Paul Wilders

Re:Question

I'm not sure what you mean by "bigger" and "slower". Fact is the actual NOD32 is blazing fast - and the upcoming version 2.0 will keep this high standard.

regards.

paul

15. :) If ESET can make the upcoming version of NOD32 with email scanning at the winsock level, with unparelleled scanning speed and detection, a virus quarantee area, small footprint, using low system resources, and other tidbits, then truly they have shown the whole anti virul industry how it SHOULD be done! I don't have any worries or concern, I'll just wait until I see it! Oh, ...

It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase!!!

I think a lot of people are getting impatient, knowing the "perfect AntiVirus App", is coming just around the corner soon!!!!!

Let's rub the dirt in CNET's face when this new version is finally released!!!

16. tempnexus

tempnexus Guest

Will the Nod32 v.2 be a free update?
    I recall AntiVirusToolKit Pro, boy I used to use it and consider it as a number one AV, then I think the US distributor of the software...centralcommand (I think) decided to release it's own AV software (very simillar to BitDefender or maybe it was bitdefender) and now they released Vexira...the crappy thing about Vexira is that you have to reboot after every update (kinda sucks if one runs a server).
    Also I am seeing that many individuals here are using Outpost Firewall can you please enlighten me what's the difference between outpost and Sygate Firewall Pro? (sorry to barge in onto a thread like that).

Thank You Very much for all and any answers.

17. Paul Wilders

tempnexus,

Have a look at the FAQ as for updates are concerned.

No problem - but please open a new thread on our Firewall forum for this issue ;).

regards.

paul

18. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey tempnexus,
    I have been told that the Nod32 v.2 for a workstation will be a free update.

rgds, :D

jan

19. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

By the way - a note to the new NOD32 release:

we don't want to strictly keep the exact date and launch a version which would have too many bugs - sorry for that - that version is based mainly on YOURS (user's) feedback (we have chosen what we found reasonable too) - and we want to make YOU more satisfied. I have been told that beginning of the next year could be a reasonable date for the release - pls. be patient - it can repay - the Nod32 v.2 for a workstation will be a free update :)

rgds,

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.