the new Hotmail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by 3GUSER, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

As long as you promise to help them out by marking junk mail as Junk and not simply deleting it. ;)

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I always do ... honest guvnor ... no word of a lie *Doh!* ;)

3. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Got it a few days ago, and I'm finally done migrating my Gmail messages to it. The new features and integration with other Windows Live services more than make up for its lack of labels, if you ask me.

4. Daveski17

Well, it seems fine in Chrome & Safari but seems to render a bit weird in SeaMonkey, almost 'skeletal'. I reckon it's either lazy browser sniffing or SM can't handle the new changes.

Edit ~ Ermm... OK, riddle me this: Why won't Hotmail work in Chrome yet works fine in Iron?

When I open Hotmail in Chrome it appears for a second or two then the screen goes blank (white). It opens in IE Tab in Chrome, yet it is fine in Iron without it. This may just be a temporary gremlin or two ... o_O

It also works fine in Firefox!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. Daveski17

OK, this is just weird. Bear with me on this for a while please, OK, I now have the new Hotmail. I'm in Chrome & I log in. Everything's fine. I can send, reply, delete mail etc to my heart's content. I open a new page &/or surf the Net. I go back to Hotmail by clicking the toolbar icon & for a second Hotmail appears then the page goes blank. I close the browser & re-open it the cycle continues; I can log-in once & everything is OK. Twice & I get the blank page. This does not happen on SRWare Iron (or any other browser I have). Strangely, it does not apply with my Hotmail calendar if I just access that. I have no idea what is going on with this, I have tried disabling extensions & adjusting JavaScript settings back to 'on' as default (& back again) but I have no explanation for this behaviour. o_O

Edit~ I have been thinking about this & I did remember trying to block an advert that seemed to have slipped through on Hotmail once & had to set the AdBlock browser button to green. Otherwise I got the blank page. It must be related to this as it works fine if I disable the AB extension then re-start the browser (I forgot about that) I am not sure how to 'undo' this original adblocking action in Hotmail. Has anyone else had odd experiences with AdBlock?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. Creer

Creer Registered Member

I love the new Hotmail, it's simple, it's fast and it's very convinient when you have Windows ID (all services are avaiable from one place.
    Way to go MS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.