the network connection properties setting for 1394 (firewire)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I don't know how else to get the answer to this. If someone knows if this is the way it should be set. It seems odd to me. My firewires are connected to optical and hard drives, what has that got to do with TCP/IP?

-HandsOff

Attached Files:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Although I do not have a 1394 port, everything that I read on this says that it is normal. I see no reason why you cannot remove the TCP/IP binding by unchecking it. But then again if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi-

I am very greatful for your reply. I was hoping someone else using a firewire connection would just click their "network connections" icon in the control panel (possibly listed in the right column of the start menu, if enabled through the taskbar-start menu properties) then click once more to view the properties and relay the presence or not of the TCP/IP box check mark. Probably I should have said that, huh?

I am really greatful because...i did uncheck it, then forgot all about it. I keep expecting to recieve error messages, but am beginning to realize that cause and effect can be separated by enough time for me to forget. And I do see a possibly related consequences so I just rechecked the box.

The problem with noticing this or that in xp is never knowing if what you see is good, bad, or indifferent. Right about when I noticed the checkmark I notice another tiny little thing (icon overlay of some kind?) by the 1394 icon in network connections. For a similar, but different example, look at your printers in control panel or start menu right column and notice the mini checkmark denoting the default printer.

So the mark that i dont know what signifies, on the icon with the checkbox that I don't know the significance of, is no longer there - and I don't know if that is good or bad.

-HandsOff
    -------------------------------------------
    Sometimes I feel like a man in the wilderness,
    a lonely soldier off to war.
    Sent away to die, never quite knowing why.
    Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
    -Styx
    -------------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.