The MintBox 2 is available!

Discussion in 'hardware' started by gerardwil, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2441

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

What, no Haswell CPU? :doubt:

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Cast iron? No way! Iron is a lousy conductor of heat and weighs a ton. The enclosure is made of cast aluminum - as it says in the specifications listed.

It claims SSD versions are available but I don't see one offered. And I am a little surprised a HD version is even offered.

Too bad it does not support the new HDMI 2.0 standard.

4. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

Its a lovely and powerful box, I do like the fact it has a line in so you can route another sat/cable or media box and listen to it at least. May consider it even as my 1st dedicated linux box and with mint cant go wrong.

Also low power usage, does not say if it comes with a vesa mounting supply though......

I think give it another few months and to a year and as per usual this will be old tech and everyone will be showcasing even lower processor wats and fanless light weight cases with HDMI 2.0 and 4K res support, but that is technology as per normal there is always something better around the corner.

Those tiny haswell new nucs look nice and powerful also, but no line in and I bet power will struggle a little... also there not 100% fanless yet but will be soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.