The message "failed to initialize ESET Personal Firewall," What should I do? (4.x)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by azevedo, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azevedo

azevedo Registered Member

Dear,
    Good afternoon!

The above message appeared soon after the installation of Smart Security. I searched the Knowledge Base and ESET says:

"This inconvenience is caused by a corrupted entry in the registry of Microsoft Windows that contains information from the NDIS driver. Consequently, all software installations (including ESET products) that require NDIS drivers can not be performed successfully. ESET Smart Security version 4.2.54 or higher does not cause any inconvenience. Click here to find out which version you have installed the product. If your version is before version 4.2.54, you should follow the steps in the continuation or download the latest version of the product".

But the past procedures (Use Ndis repair and reinstall the Smart Security) do not work on my PC. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Thank you!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting Customer care and providing them with a SysInspector log for perusal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.