"The logical disk you have chosen is currently in use"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Noynek, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noynek

Noynek Registered Member

I am trying to restore an image on an XP SP2 machine and I am receiving this error message:

"The logical disk you have chosen is currently in use. Click MORE to view a list of opened files. You can choose one of the actions below

Retry

Choose another disk."

When I open "more" nothing is listed. Any ideas?

2. Hi, Noynek

You should try using the BootCD or Floppys, you should find you have little or no interference.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Noynek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you try to restore your image on system partition you get the confirmation that you described. Please choose the option "Reboot(recommended)" in this confirmation. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Noynek

Noynek Registered Member

There is no "reboot" option in this confirmation window, only the options I listed. Did I misunderstand which window you meant?

Using a boot cd will not work because we need an automated solution for our lab.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Noynek,

Irina meant the window shown below.

Regards

Attached Files:

6. Noynek

Noynek Registered Member

7. Noynek

Noynek Registered Member

Still not getting the reboot option... I've tried everything and am using a full version (not the trial). Is there something I'm doing wrong?

8. Noynek

Noynek Registered Member

Just one extra note.... i am trying to have the machine reboot and then restore the system partition remotely. Is this possible? Why don't I see the Green reboot button?

I have two partitions, the System and Primary one, and the Secure Image one that True Image created. I have a backup of the System on on the True Image partition, and I'd like to restore it remotely.

If it can't be done remotely, can it be done locally WITHOUT using CD/Boot disks?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Noynek,

We regret to inform you that you cannot restore the system partition remotely. The main reason of it is that you cannot control remote computer when it reboots. You may restore non-system partitions, however.

Also you may restore the system partition locally. Please launch Acronis True Image (local part) and choose "Restore Wizard". Follow the instructions in wizard and if you restore the image of the system partition you will need to reboot the computer. The computer then will reboot into Acronis True Image stand alone mode that looks exactly like under Windows (the main difference is that you cannot explore image in this case). You don't need to use CDs/floppies to get there.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.