The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mizer ajkula, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mizer ajkula

mizer ajkula Registered Member

I get this message when I try to install Acroniss True Image for SBS (8084) on Windows SBS 2003 server. I installed the same product sucesfully on another 4 Windows SBS 2003 servers.

"The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

I tried multiple times, after reboots, tried uninstalls, the registry cleanup, windows installer cleanup, no luck.

I"m looking a response from Acronis tech support about the next step.

Thank you,

MA

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Security software blocking?

3. mizer ajkula

To make sure it is not a security software I removed all security software from the server and rebooted the server. Same result.
    Can I get some help from Acronis tech support?

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Check and delete all the contents in the protected Windows Temp folder. The Acronis installer is very sensitive to the contents here and will fail if if the temp folder has certain entries.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Local Settings\Temp

Colin

5. mizer ajkula

I'm installing Acronis using Administrator account. So I deleted all files in Admin's profile temp folder. Not just that I deleted all files from every single temp folder on the server. Same result.

The installation is going with a message "Acronis true image for SBS is being installed, please wait". It goes almost all the way and then, it puts Acronis icon on the desktop, and then just comes with "The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be installed" message, and my only option is to close.

6. mizer ajkula

If I think about it I think my troubles started when I clicked on No instead on Yes when I was prompted to install Acronis driver at the end of the first installation. The option was Yes or No to install the driver and I might (not sure) clicked on No. If this was the case does anybody know the fix.

Thank you.

7. thomasstolz

thomasstolz Registered Member

Re: The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be insta

I'm having the same problem with the german version of Acronis True Image 2009. I tried to install it (Vista 32bit, SP1, Admin-Account) and at the end of the installation it sais

"Die Installation wurde abgebrochen, bevor Acronis True Image Home installiert werden konnte. Sie müssen den Installer für einen weiteren Versuch erneut starten."

which is the same error message as here just in german. I generated an error log. Maybe it's helpful for someone.

Thomas

8. mizer ajkula

Is it possible that a support tech from Acronis answer this one? It seems like nobody in the forum has a solution.

9. thomasstolz

Re: The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be insta

I did so. No answer yet.

Thomas

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, as this is a Server a couple of things that can play up with TI when it is installed, perhaps can cause it to fail to install as well.

If SQL Server is running, or Outlook, suspend or stop them.

Suspend or stop distributed transactions.

Ditto Indexing, Volume Shadow Copy and Messenger.

Is this to a standard disk or a dynamic disk?

Are you installing the components (ImageAgent, Backup Server etc) in the same order as listed on the installer. Is ImageAgent already installed?

Is the firewall hardware or software based?

Is the video driver up to date?

Colin

11. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Wow Thomas, you could have warned the unsuspecting that the log file is 2.4MB.

Try moving the installer from the desktop to either the root directory or make a standard directory off the root, place the installer there and try running it.

Double check that the location, C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\ has no files except those that might be locked by the system, this includes empty folders as well.

I see the log has an error 3, not sure what this means. Will look at the file more closely.

Colin

12. thomasstolz

Hi Colin,

thank you for your answers. I repeated the installation with your hints now. I'm sorry for the filesize. The size is the cause, why i posted it on my webspace ;)

The folder C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\ is nearly empty (4 zero byte files), no software is running, no outlook or sql-system active, installing into the internal hard drive, standard. I choosed the complete installation. Installation file is placed in root-folder C:\

The error persists and the installation was cancelled at the end.

Thomas

13. mizer ajkula

Does anybody know solution to this problem? I tried all suggested fixes and they didn't work.

14. ScrewedUp

ScrewedUp Registered Member

I had the same issue with TrueImageHome 2009 for Vista32.

Solved it by:
    - reboot the system
    - first thing after reboot, i started the installer, nothing else (except a bunch of autostart thingis)
    - i did NOT enter the serial(s), thus installing as trial at first

things went smoothly, asked for reboot, started TIH and "unlocked" the software then.

15. mizer ajkula

Thank you for the sugestion ScrewedUp. SBS TrueImage is a little bit different since the version I have can be installed only if you have a serial number.
    I tried to download TrueImage server trial to try your sugesstion and it didn't work.

The installation comes to a pont when it is almost done, it even puts Acronis icon on the desktop and then at the point when it ussualy insalls acronis driver (I'm not sure about the name) and asks you to chose yes or no it just comes up with "The installation was interrupted before Acronis true image for SBS could be installed" error without prompting to install the driver.
    I might click on "no" during the first installation attempt and after that it keeps failing.
    Did anybody solve this kind of problem on TrueImage for Windows or SBS?

Thank you

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mizer ajkula and thomasstolz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

mizer ajkula, could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Meanwhile, if you haven't done so yet, please collect MSI installer log the following way:

- Launch the product installation file;
    - Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: "Install" and "Extract". Select "Extract";
    - Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";
    - Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: "msiexec /i msi-filepath /l*v log-filepath", where "msi-filepath" is the full path (including the file name) to the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and "log-filepath" is the full path (also including the file name) to the log file you want to save the output to. For example, "msiexec /i D:\AcronisFolder\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v c:\log-name.log";
    - Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please send the collected files with a reply to the message with Acronis request number. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

thomasstolz, it seems from the log that SnapAPI drivers failed to be properly registered in the system due to problems with the Windows account under which the installation was attempted.

Please try performing the installation under the built-in default account for administering the computer, i.e. the account named Administrator.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

17. mizer ajkula

I created new request #1769562 and uploaded the installation log. I was not able to upload system info log 52 MB since the support page would give me an error every time while uploading the file.
    When I try to upload the installation file to this forum I get a message "Upload of file failed. "

18. Acronis Support

Hello mizer ajkula,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Thank you for the provided information. From the log it seems that there is a problem with Com+ Application. Please make sure the following two services are running:

- COM+ System Application
    - Distributed Transaction Coordinator

Click Start -> Run and type in services.msc to get the list of services

If both are started, then check that COM+ is not broken by opening it manually (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> COM+ Applications -> System Application). If at any of the steps there appears an error message, then COM+ Application is broken.

Please let me know if that solves the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

19. mizer ajkula

I checked and "COM+ System Application" and "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" services are running.
    I also went to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> COM+ Applications -> System Application and I didn't get any error messages.

I uploaded the MSI log and the system information to your FPT site, and I'm waiting for your answer.

Thank you.

20. mutagen

mutagen Registered Member

I have spent nearly four hours and countless installation attemps (Lenovo T400, Vista32) and kept getting the same error as reported here. I was ultimately successful by following ScrewedUp's suggestion, post #14. Not clear to me why it worked, but work it did. I now be a cloning fool -fool I say.

21. mizer ajkula

SOLVED

I was contacted by Tier 2 Acronis technician. He took over the server, worked on it for about an hour and then gave me the instructions I pasted below. I followed the instructions and that fixed the problem.

# Start Windows Explorer.
    # Do one of the following:

* In Windows 2000, browse to the C:\Winnt\System32 folder.
    * In Windows XP/2003, browse to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

# Right-click the Clbcatq.dll file, and then click Rename.
    # Rename the file to ~Clbcatq.dll.
    Make sure that you include the tilde (~) at the start of the file name.
    # Restart the computer.
    Restart in safe mode so that the COM+ catalogs can be removed without the files being locked.
    # On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
    # In the Open box, type regedt32 and then click OK.
    # In the Registry Editor, find and delete the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3

As a safety measure, I renamed my key to something else.
    # Exit the Registry Editor.
    # Click Start > Run.
    # In the Open box, type cmd and then click OK.
    # At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing Enter after each line:

cd %windir%
    rmdir /s registration

# Close the DOS Window.
    # Start Windows Explorer.
    # Do one of the following:

* In Windows 2000, browse to the C:\Winnt\System32 folder.
    * In Windows XP/2003, browse to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

# For each of the following files, right-click the file and choose Copy, find the Regsvr32.exe file, right-click it and choose Paste.

* Ole32.dll
    * Oleaut32.dll

# Restart the computer.
    Exit out of safe mode, COM+ doesn't install properly in safe mode. Worked for me in normal mode with logged on user with administrative rights.
    # Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    # Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    # Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
    # Click Next to proceed with reinstallation.
    This will refresh your COM installation.
    # Check the COM+ services are started (run SERVICES.MSC from Start button, run).

22. Acronis Support

Hello mizer ajkula,

Thank you for letting us know the problem was resolved. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

23. Craige4107

Craige4107 Registered Member

Does anyone know if this will work for True Image 11 as well? I am not a computer tech, but I believe I could muddle through this if it will work. I have tried every other solution posted, or suggested on here, except downloading a trial version. I went so far as to reformat and reinstall my OS. I am currently running Vista 32 Home. I have been waiting for Acronis Live for about 3 hours now, to no avail. Thank you in advance.

Okay. I was able to resove this interrupt issue for True Image 11 using some of the suggestions found here. I think the main issue is the UAC. But, I will run down what I did. Keep in mind, I have tried to install this about 10 times, but I don't think it was just a fluke.

1. Ensure to delete any Acronis program, using the uninstaller, if it shows up here. Mine did not.
    2.. Go into Program files and Common files and delete any traces of Acronis' folders.
    3. Using "msconfig", check the start-up programs for Acronis.
    4. Disable it, if it shows here. I wasn't able to delete it, even after deleting the service.
    5. Check services that are running, if Acronis is listed, perform #6.
    6. Using the "cmd" prompt, type in sc delete ArcSch2Svc. It should say success, if Acronis is removed from services.
    7. Go back in services and make sure that it was, in fact, removed.
    8. Go into the tools of any web browsers that are installed, and delete all cookies, and temporary files. I had both IE and Firefox.
    9. Empty your recycle bin.
    10. Finally, go into User Settings and uncheck the UAC. Reboot.

11. Go back into services and start: COM+ System Application, Distributed Transaction Coordinator and RPC Locator
    12. Download the installer to your desktop. Do not run it from the website.
    13. Install Acronis.

I hope this works for all that have had this VERY annoying issue.

FYI: Installed on Vista32 Home on a Toshiba Satellite A215.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  24. Craige4107

Craige4107 Registered Member

Okay. I was able to resove this interrupt issue for True Image 11 using some of the suggestions found here. I think the main issue is the UAC. But, I will run down what I did. Keep in mind, I have tried to install this about 10 times, but I don't think it was just a fluke.

1. Ensure to delete any Acronis program, using the uninstaller, if it shows up here. Mine did not.
    2.. Go into Program files and Common files and delete any traces of Acronis' folders.
    3. Using "msconfig", check the start-up programs for Acronis.
    4. Disable it, if it shows here. I wasn't able to delete it, even after deleting the service.
    5. Check services that are running, if Acronis is listed, perform #6.
    6. Using the "cmd" prompt, type in sc delete ArcSch2Svc. It should say success, if Acronis is removed from services.
    7. Go back in services and make sure that it was, in fact, removed.
    8. Go into the tools of any web browsers that are installed, and delete all cookies, and temporary files. I had both IE and Firefox.
    9. Empty your recycle bin.
    10. Finally, go into User Settings and uncheck the UAC. Reboot.

11. Go back into services and start: COM+ System Application, Distributed Transaction Coordinator and RPC Locator
    12. Download the installer to your desktop. Do not run it from the website.
    13. Install Acronis.

I hope this works for all that have had this VERY annoying issue.

FYI: Installed on Vista32 Home on a Toshiba Satellite A215.

25. awjenks

awjenks Registered Member

I had the same issue with TrueImageHome 2009 for Vista32. I spent hours trying most of the things suggested above but nothing worked.
    I then disabled User Access Control (UAC) and it installed OK.
    Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.