The Image Archive is Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by silverdog, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverdog

silverdog Registered Member

Hi,

i made a "Create Image" with TI 8 and no errors during this process appears.

I create the image on a Iomega Rev.

Now i try "Check Image" and The following error appears "The Image Archive is corrupted" ?

Ther's a way to solve this problem or I wrong something ?

My machine is an ACER P4 (Acerpower Sd) HD 40GB

Thanks.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Silverdog,

There is a potential problem with transferring large data files over USB. It's highly unlikey to be a TI problem and seems to depend on your motherboard/USB enclosure chipset combination.

Please read this <rather long thread> for the full story (so far!!).

Regards

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

4. todell

todell Registered Member

5. todell

todell Registered Member

Sorry; blew the hyperlink. It's #16 under the "Restore Image to Different Drive" thread.

6. silverdog

thanks!

..but in which way I can solve my problem ?

7. todell

todell Registered Member

Sorry, silverdog - I could have started another thread, but thought that since our problems seemed related - or at least similar - maybe Menorcaman or one of the ATI "mavens" here might offer suggestions. Didn't mean to represent my posts as possible solution to your problem. (bowing in abject humility)
    :oops:
    todell

8. silverdog

tank todell for you answer.

I'm thinking if change to Norton Ghost may be a solution... o_O

9. MiniMax

Depends on what you problem is.

Are you looking for a way to use the current, possible corrupt, image file? Or are you looking for a way to produce error-free images?

If the image is indeed corrupt, then *I* do not know of a way to salvage anything from it.

Q: Did you check the image after you created it? After it was transfered to the Rev drive?

Q: Did you save any checksum for the image? Do the sums still match?

Q: Can you transfer the image from the Rev drive to an internal harddisk? Can you check the image after the transfer?

10. silverdog

Hi Minimax,

I do this:

I check the image after I created it after it was transferred to the Rev drive.

In your opinion I can try to make an image with limiting the size of the file? If yes in your opinion what size i can to set up in acronis ?

11. MiniMax

You can try any size you like. How big is the image now? Try splitting it at 500 MB. If that doesn't work, try 250 MB.

Also try to make a full-sized image to your internal hard disk (if you have free space enough), check it there, copy/paste it to the Rev, and check it again.

12. silverdog

I think (in my case) the problem is not USB.

I installed on my pc a second HD and make a disk image on this instead of on the Rev Iomega USB.

At the end the result is the same:
    the image archive is corrupted.

Now I'll try with splitting the image. But the Acronis support what think about this problem ?

13. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

There seems to be some hardware/software combinations that cause the image corruption problem. Nobody has yet come up with a solution.
    Search this forum and you will see various threads discussing SATA/RAID/USB/BIOS/motherboard/chipsets/LargeImageSize as being involved.
    I have one machine (DELL 4600) which has no problems whilst the other machine (AMD Athlon/ASUS A7V133) reports almost 100% corruption when creating and verifying images (having swapped the same disks between machines). I'm still investigating but so far without success in identifying the cause. Acronis is working on the problem so hopefully a solution will arrive soon.

14. Menorcaman

Hi Silverdog,

Bad memory or inappropriate memory timing could lead to large file transfer corruption. If you would like to elliminate the memory I recommend downloading a copy of <Memtest86+> and running it for a few hours. If it passes then you can be sure your memory/timing is not the cause of the problem.

Regards

15. silverdog

Hi,

I solved my problem. I had a failing memory module, after I removed it Acronis was able to create a non corrupted image.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

16. Menorcaman

That's great news silverdog. Happy imaging (and not too much restoring!!).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.