the first one

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by toploader, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toploader

toploader Registered Member

the first virus (and so far only) i've had was back in the mid nineties in those days i was the proud owner of an Atati STE with 4 megs of ram.

one day i found that my mouse was acting strangely - everything was happening back to front the mouse pointer was going up when it should have been going down and vice-versa.

consulting my collection of cover disks i ran a virus scanner and lo and behold i got a flashing screen saying GHOST VIRUS DETECTED

more rummaging thru my cover disks and i found a boot sector virus nullifier which removed the virus from my floppy disk.

i had no hard drive to worry about but i soon realised that the virus had spread to a number of other floppies which i had to dis-infect.

i think i caught it at an atari computer fair when i bought some second hand program disks.

no internet in those days, virus infection was primitive and containable - how times have changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.