The File ieuser EXE is infected?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by BML, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BML

BML Registered Member

My daughter telephoned me to say that a message appeared on her screen claiming to be a security warning saying that the computer was infected with a Trojan and she could do nothing with the computer so I went over to have a look at it.

The warning stated: The File ieuser EXE is infected. Note the spelling of “ieuser”. It also stated: “Currently connected to System Tool”.

I attempted to open up the Web to check the above out but it was blocked so I probably did the wrong thing and clicked on the prompt that asked for a check on the system and it came up with, “your computer is infected by spyware- 34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry. It is strongly recommended that you disinfect your computer and activate Realtime security protection against future intrusions.

That was alright so far but it then asked for $59.95

I tried to check if there was an anti virus on the computer but could not find one and I could not even make a command prompt to work.

So, bearing in mind that I can not even get a connection to the Web to download something to eradicate what ever it is that is causing this problem what can I do to help her?

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

What's the name of the rogue security application? There may exist a guide on how to clean it and get back your Internet connection.

Also, I'd advise you to try one the forums specialized in cleaning malware mentioned here -http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

After that, you may want to deploy a proper security mechanism in your daughter's system.

Take a look at the forum section other anti-malware. Look around and see what others talk about when someone asks for opinions, and then you can always ask for other opinions as well. :)

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I would use a bootable Rescue CD to do an initial clean of the PC. Here are a couple of bootable Rescue CD options:

1. AVIRA Rescue System
    2. Dr.Web LiveCD

A bootable Rescue CD contains a Linux Operating System and an Antivirus program. When you boot the Rescue CD the Linux Operating System is loaded into the PC's memory. You then scan and clean the infected hard drive(s). Windows based Malware is unable to block or in any way hinder the scan and clean process. Also Rootkits are typically easier for an Antivirus program to see and clean when Windows is not operating.

The above two Rescue CD options have up-to-date malware signatures at the time of the CD ISO download. So there is no need to access the web and update the malware signatures prior to running the scan.

5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

The Malware Removal Guide for Windows offers some useful information:

-http://realsecurity.web.officelive.com/removemalware.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.