The FD-ISR Rollback war is getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by DVD+R, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm going to put this as I see it :cautious: So If your under 18 then navigate away from this post now :shifty:

The constant who is better and why is getting.... to coin a good old English Phrase "Getting on my T*ts" :p Lets settle this once and for all :cautious: The purpose of these 2 is to be able to restore your system with the minimum of fuss o_O o_O So Its quite Simple, The ranting and raving about one being able to Freeze/Archive or whatever makes little or no Impact on the functionality... Unless! Your A Paranoid individual who has little or nothing to do other than Image his/her system at every single Installation/Uninstallation or update or anything else time after time, Is beyond Normal Mental Behaviour :p Whats wrong with Installing and letting the program do its thing when needed o_O Create a backup by all means, But in Gods name dont worship the fact your constantly backing up like Some homeless person packing his nightly shoebox up with string so noone will steal it :rolleyes: Lets End it on this Note :shifty: One is now Obsolete and no longer produced or Sold due to lack of revenue in keeping it running :cautious: And the other Continues on regardless, :cautious: Enough said, Now if you dont like what I just said, then go tell someone who cares :D :p

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I totally agree.;)

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Good to see that you´ve come to this conlusion DVD+R. :)

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

nothing personal though,b ut you are the main contributor to that war,so changing mind at least is a bit surprising ! :)

5. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Nothing personal taken. and so far no negative replies to the contrary neither :cool:

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I appreciate what you're saying, but it has to be noted some users on here like to use their computer to test software, particularly those that are at alpha or beta stage, or to test against malware for research purposes so, in those instances, it should be understood that group of people would need to make a backup and/or image of their system before undertaking such activities.

It's not about being paranoid; it's about being able to restore your system to a known good configuration whichever method is used. If one instant system recovery software works better for you than the other, that's great. At the end of the day, if it achieves what you want for whatever purpose you need it for, you're sorted.

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

War? lol :D
    It's not a war, it is just a case where users like to rant and argue over "whose is bigger" issue. Look how many threads start with a question "which one is better, X or Y". And all of them are ridiculous, no matter if a subject of discussion are ISR, AV, firewall or whatever software.
    It is one of favourite topics and not just on Wilders, I had a similar discussion over cars with my co-worker today. People actually enjoy these kinds of discussions. Sometimes.

Cheers,

9. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

Given this fact, I'm glad I've got a copy of the better one of the two before it became unavailable.

;)

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I ONLY HAVE THIS TO ADD, it is WAR!

And it's WAR alright, but against malware purveyors/distributors in defense against their marathon endless efforts to first disrupt as many default windows settings as they can screw up on helpless first users and the like, and now on us who turn to as many of the best conceived security apps ever fashioned to help thwart those attempts on those of us who been fortunate enough to educate ourselves enough on just whats available to hold their attempts in check.

It's coming down if not already to that every single windows user is eventually going to need a virtual/sandbox system in concert with their AV's and HIPS just to experience some breathing room to surf even news, weather sites before it's all over.

Let's not forget the bundling of so-called freeware with viruses and other time wasting creations that rob you of not only your efforts but steal your internet service while you have to set aside time to affect some repair.

Hope i didn't sway too far off topic but theres really no need in who is best between ISR's but rather which security products are better equipped to save us from sneak attacks. If that includes in your arsenal an ISR capable of saving your snapshots in the same manner as backup images, then at least you have a fighting chance because malware is sure soon if not already gearing up to target our security and if they can, take them down.

11. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Vote I-el presidente Easter!!!

Allons enfant de la Patrie-man the barricades

wow you should have been a politician:D

Actually not at all sure you would have got my vote.

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Is there really an further point to this threado_Oo_O

Pete

13. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Definitely NO

14. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

@DVD+R
    good sound off but i think EASTER won the over 18 award for his complaint about Rollback not being the same as Eaz-Fix

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Well folks,

War or no war - time for an interbellum at the least. Closed as of now.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.