The exclude of file type is invalid.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tarikzhang, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarikzhang

Tarikzhang Registered Member

I had already exclude several file types in the threatsense of real-time file system protection, but I can still see EAV scans these types of file by the infomation of statistics in the protection status. Is this a bug?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried it with eicar? You can either rename its extension to test extension exclusions or simply put it to an excluded folder and try to access it. If exclusions work, it won't be detected.

4. Tarikzhang

5. Marcos

Don't look at the Statistics window, it only tells you what files are going through scanners, it does not mean they are actually scanned. Hence I asked if eicar is still detected in spite of having the folder excluded from scanning.

6. Tarikzhang

7. Tarikzhang

The files show in the Statistics window are not actually scanned? However, when a download job finishing writing a big RAR file to hard disk, I can feel the computer lags a second. At that moment, and the statistic windows just show the file, and the Windows Task Manager shows me that the process of ekrn.exe using 50% of the cpu. thus I guess the exclude is invalid. So, can you tell me any other method to test the exclude?

By the way, I have already tested the folder exclude. When I copy files in two excluded folders, the Statistics window doesn's show any files I copied. However, when I copy files of excluded type, the statistics always show them.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Marcos

Couldn't it be that web protection scanned the file as you downloaded it? Have you tested it with web protection disabled?

9. Tarikzhang

I exclude the types of file in every threatsense of the monitor.

10. Tarikzhang

You said that the files showed in the statistic window are not actually detected,but one issue bewildered me,why the file in exclude folders won't show in the window yet the files exclude types still be accounted? So I ask if you have any other method to test whether the exclude is valid.

11. Marcos

Maybe the file has already been scanned? Try doing a test with eicar, it's the best method how to test if exclusions work properly.

12. Tarikzhang

The test of eicar is valid,thank you for ask my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.