The end of ThreatFire...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Time to let it go buddy (Firecat) . . . :D

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

:) I'm just waiting to see what they have for their 2013 versions. That will make or break the final nail in the coffin. For what it's worth their products do a decent job of protection as long as they work as expected.

3. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Well some people don't like the BBs offered by their AVs. So now they are forced to install two or three internet security apps and get BSODs...
    I really prefer to have independent BB, AM and AV. And as the saying goes, you should never keep all your eggs in the same basket.

4. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, that's 5 year old advice, so I'm not too sure. I never really felt TF was anything special and mostly got "noise" from it more than anything else. Still, I hate to see choices removed from users in regards to products.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

The extra rules (file/registry/network) were all hooked on kernel level so yes.

TF's behavioral analysis (all other hooks it sets) is on user level, with very little self protection. The limited self protection made it vulnarable to targeted TF arttacks. So no

In its time it was the best BB in the market. Cyberhawk was a breakthough in BB application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.