The End of the Antivirus? Looks to me like Good News for NOD32...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Straight Shooter, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

Forgive me if I started this thread on the wrong place.. Mod's.. If I did, please move to appropriate area..

I was "alerted to this article here..

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/09/08/37OPsecadvise_1.html

and after reading it, thought I'd post it here.. Looks to me like heuristics is the way to go...

Thanks
    Jim

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The linked article has a *shocker* headline so as to attract readership. It takes the approach that antivirus programs are going to go out of existence because they are imperfect -- which is about the same as saying "Why lock the front door? Crooks will simply break through a window."

Finally, along comes a poster who evidently thinks NOD32 is the only av with heuristics.

Ah well... heur today, Guam to Maui.:p

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In all fairness to Jim....he did place this thread initially in the Nod32 Forum but We have chose to move this thread to a more appropriate forum. Unfortunately my move and the explanation of why came at the same time a response was being made. So while I can understand the slight confusion....I hope We can now continue with the above explanation in mind in regards to Jim wasn't implying "NOD32 is the only av with heuristics".

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

:D :D :D

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lol. antivir has great heristics as well. and kaspersky is getting new engine at end of year

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Bubba, maybe you should merge with this thread about the same article?:https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=146351

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thanks Don....that one slipped right by me and given We do have that ongoing thread we'll continue in that thread and close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.