The end of an era - Windows 3.x

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HURST, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

2. Arup

Arup Guest

AMEN.........never used it, switched to NT from OS/2 but I remember BSOD being the norm with that OS.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Used it for quite a while... it was ok, but I do recall it tended to get gunked up after a while and freeze up and do all manner of odd things..... :eek:

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I never had the pleasure, but I'm glad I missed it. My first operating system was Windows 98, it crashed alot...like every 10 minutes :(

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I used it and many before it. First one I used that had an actual desktp and mouse was an Atari 520st. Before that it was commodore 64, vic20, amiga, TI, and the very first Apple. That had paddles. The very first video game I ever played was pong, and the first real game was a star wars one. Required 2 people, one for each paddle. Then the big one came for Apple, Asteroids. lol, still required 2 paddles though.

I am very glad that I used 3.11. It taught me a lot about how to get your hardware to work and what problems might arise in a MS environment. To this day there are things that I can accomplish only because of using 3.11.

A trip through time indeed.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.