The Disappearing Padlock

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by mhl6493, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

On both of my computers, I eventually have the same issue, and it leads me to uninstall WSA. Most of the time, the padlock on the tray icon is there as it should be (on the browsers I have listed as "protected). But periodically, it disappears. If I re-start WSA, it re-appears. Even though I may still be protected, there is something about me psychologically that doesn't like that. Currently, I don't have it installed on either computer. Any idea what might cause this?

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

1: If the browser being protected is not the foreground and focused application, the padlock will not display. Open the browser, click on Notepad, no padlock.

2: In cases where this is not the situation, could you please save your scan logs and see if there is evidence of a WSA crash associated with the lack of a padlock, which shows up as:
    Tue 2013-07-16 16:57:16.0724 Terminated abruptly in the last session

If there is a crash associated with the pad-lack, then it is a display issue thankfully. By display issue, I mean that the browser is still being protected, but the new instance of the service or user process doesn't have the communication pipeline to show that it's being protected. But the crash should still be looked into.

3. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Thanks. It wasn't #1, and if I decide to re-install, I'll definitely try #2. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.