The death of privacy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

The death of privacy.

Apparently, the author and many others would like the rest of us to believe the meme that 'Privacy is dead' and they present to us what they believe to be true.

The truth is that Google has no idea what I'm looking for, and Facebook does not know what I like. Even now, I am sharing little and value secrecy when it is required as I know how to keep a secret - secret. Since privacy has a long way to go until it comes to an end there is no reason to fear psychological and cultural fallout - if you do not buy into meme which 'they' would have you believe.

Privacy, on the other hand, can be compromised - not just by NSA. When AI becomes a reality and is applied behind to scenes without our consent - then it is time to punt, or to return the punt!

-- Tom ;)

2. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Well put. Theres so much of that which goes on. 'They' LOVE to tell you what you're thinking.

3. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Privacy isn't dead until people treat it as such.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I'm reminded of the Kübler-Ross model for grief (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance). But maybe in an orthogonal or inside-out sense. After accepting that we live in a panopticon, we learn how to move in the shadows, and avoid being seen.

5. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.