The cli.exe of ATI Technologies in my pc always wants to connect out…

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just curious why is it that this cli.exe always connects outside, and this was even considered as a suspicious hidden connections colored in red by Port Explorer. I’ve already tried blocking this application in my Filseclab firewall rules… but still there are several ports used by cli.exe that connects outside, and some are listening. :rolleyes:

I’ve made a rule to block this cli.exe to connect out… but some ports of cli.exe still connect out. Is it just okay to leave the other ports coz I have already made a rule to block the program? Or it is better to block every ports of this cli.exe that was listening and established? *puppy*

2. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Are you sure it's trying to connect out? Mine just needs access to local loopback to other parts of the system (including .NET framework). In Zone Alarm, you can conrol trusted zone and internet access separately. My local loopback is in the trusted zone and that is the only access Cli.exe has ever asked for.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes, ATI CCC only requires connection through localhost and doesn't actually connect out. But some firewalls (most of them) will trigger on such event...

4. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Since I put Kerio 4.2 firewall on my system, some ATI file, "ati2rav" if I remember correctly, tried to connect outbound and bluescreened me. Windows fingered which file crashed and said that this kind of thing usually occurs when a driver is stuck in an infinite loop due to bad driver (definitely a possibility) or bad hardware (sure hope not).

When I rebooted, the first thing that Kerio did was tell me that the ATI control panel was phoning home. Just that one event bluescreened me because thefirewall did not know what to do with it. It seems that security software has its own detriments to the system. Too many blue screens and random crashes and you're loading windows again only to repeat the whole process. Something is crashing me daily and I cannot figure out what it is. Happened with Netveda too. Usually, the system gets a scattered and jumbled monitor image or it just quietly reboots from windows to the BIOS screen. Do you know of any compatability problems with what I have running here below?

-AMD athlon xp
    -Asus A7n8x deluxe motherboard
    -ATI radeon pro all-in-wonder 9700
    -Antex 550 True Power PSU.
    -6 Maxtor and WD hard drives, all IDE, running on Motherboard and 2 Promise cards
    -Win XP home
    -Avast
    -Spyware Guard
    -Spyware blaster
    -Spybot (not tea timer but the "immunize" one)
    -MSAS
    _BOClean
    -Kerio 4.2 (the lat-est build) with BZ ruleset.

5. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I've had Kerio 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 blue screen problems on two computers thus far. Reverting back to 4.1.3 solved it. Could be a coincidence though.

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Also on my pc... Kerio 4.2 and 4.2.2 crashed my system. I don't know, maybe it's their HIPS feature that are not compatible w my set-up as I am also running ProcessGuard. :doubt: But Kerio 4.1.3 has no problem, only that it also consumes my ram memory. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.