The Cleaner 4 Pro... is it good or not?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by owziee, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owziee

owziee Registered Member

I'm using it and I like it alot, I think it's quite fast and tcactive is cool.

Since I'm not an expert can anyone explain why it's NOT good like some people say. Other people say it's among the best.

Who should I listen to?

2. Trans

Trans Registered Member

It looked good to me when I used it for some days as a trial but there isn't much information about Antitrojans and NO published reliable tests...

Look at this thread
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19901

Too bad,because from what I'm reading at forums here and there it seems that Trojans are now more common problem than viruses...

The best we can do is rely on personal opinions of some people here we think are trustworthy and our own experience :D

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I run The Cleaner 4.0 Pro at start-up (however, I'll then start TDS-3 with exe protection active).

I like it from the standpoint that:

(1) It doesn't bog down or hang up my computer at start-up (TDS-3 sometimes does if I attempt to include it in start-up)

(2) It starts up perfectly well (the "Monitor" and "Active" components, that is) in the other profile (Family) on my computer (I could never get TDS-3 to do that properly). This is important to me (to have an A/T program starting on the "Family" profile) due to certain brain-dead habits of my children. (I further approve of the "Alarm" sound of the "Monitor" component - it's one of the few things that can get their attention!).

(3) It's got a great, easy-to-use/configure interface.

(4) Response-time to questions asked on the forum ( http://www.moosoft.com/forums/ ) is usually extremely good (as is response-time to questions emailed or PM'ed).

Scan-time doesn't matter to me one way or the other (it took 20'11" to scan 25,997 files during a "full" scan - that's with both "Scan inside compressed files" and "Scan for hidden executables" check-marked).

The only real problem that I've noticed here (and it's not insurmountable) is that when there are
    multiple updates to be had - not just a DB update, IOW - I usually encounter problems actually getting them all (usually takes a couple of tries - and I have experienced the whole program going south on me during these periods, although it's been correctable so far).

That's my two cents - there are other people here who've used it a lot longer than I have and who have more experience with it and probably haven't had my "update"-related problem though - I'm sure they'll chime in.

On my profile, I rely on TDS-3.

Also, I use ProcessGuard to protect The Cleaner - I don't use the "Stealth" process (that's totally user-selectable by the user, another GOOD point of TC) included with the program itself.

HTH Pete

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I am running the Cleaner Pro 4.0. too.
    I haven't had any trouble with the program.

The updates whether they are database or multiple(database and component)have always worked for me with no problems.

I have no complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.