The Cleaner 4.1 Professional

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Niels, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

When I scan with The cleaner he always finds the eicar test which is located in the readme of BitDefender. My question how can I exclude that txt file so that the cleaner didn't find it anymore.

(sorry for my bad English hopefully it's understandable what I've written).

Thanks in advance.

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Under 'Options' click on the 'Scanning' tab and you should be able to insert details of files to be ignored.

I haven't looked in the Help files, so I don't know if this allows you to name individual files for exclusion, (in which case I assume that you would have to use the description that The Cleaner gives when it finds the Eicar file).

If it only applies to groups of files, it might be dangerous to name a whole class of files, some of which could get infected, just to get rid of the irritation caused by the Eicar file being found at every scan!.

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Thanks a lot for you reply. It's only one file : readme.txt but I think that it is better that I don't exclude the file.

4. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I'm sure you are right.

I don't know enough about computers or programming to be sure but, as so many programs have a 'readme' file, I suppose it might be possible for malware to hide itself inside one (or would it have to be an 'exe' file for it be activated?).

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.