The Bootwiz folder

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jpearce, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpearce

jpearce Registered Member

Having re-partitioned my hard drive, I've now got a Bootwiz folder taking 4.50Gb of space on C:\.

Does anyone know if I can safely delete or move this folder to free up some space?

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jpearce,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

This folder includes configuration files of Acronis OS Selector.

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to support@acronis.com This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

After that we will let you know if you could safely delete it.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. jpearce

Thanks Andrew.

I installed the program but I received an error message stating that a hard disk drive cannot be found!

I've run a quick search on the Bootwiz folder and no file has been modified at all in the last month - I don't know whether that's any help at all?

Regards,

James

4. Acronis Support

Hello James,

Could you please let me know what program you installed? Acronis Report utility isn't installable, it just creates the "report.txt" file and puts it on your desktop. Please run it and send this report file to support@acronis.com. Please include reference to this thread in your request.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. jpearce

Cheers Andrew - just ran the exe again and it created the report.txt file which I've just emailed to Acronis Support.

Thanks for your help.

James

6. jpearce

Andrew, I can't seem to send the email (connection time out for some reason) so here's the contents of the report.txt file:

Speed IFace Hs-Bs-Tg Model
    Num NT L9NO Size FSsize Free FS Type Label ABCHSV
    ---- ----- ---- ----- ----- ----- ------ --------------- ----------- ------

------ OS Selector report ------

ReportDisks Ok
    ReportOss Ok

7. Acronis Support

James,

Are you sure that this is all the content of the report file? This is really strange but there is no information about your hard disk drives in the message you posted above.

Could you please do the following?

- Run Acronis Report utility again and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.