The best software

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by harshisthere, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harshisthere

harshisthere Registered Member

I understand that Leach and other members over here test these virtualisation software.

I tried to read the posts but could not make something out of it

Can someone tell me what will be the best software which wont get bypassed from known viruses types
    Currently I am using shadow defender and browser is forced into sandboxie
    Please help if any testers can tell me which software they found to be the best in defending

2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Currently I am using shadow defender and browser is forced into sandboxie

:thumb:

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Between the two of those I can't imagine anything will be touching your system.

4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I use both extensively and 'out of the box' neither prevent infection all that well. SD will remove it on reboot, SBIE will restrict it while running and can if the right option is chosen remove it on closing the sandbox.

If its a keylogger you get and bank under both of these during the same session you may be in trouble.

Now SBIE with start/run & internet restrictions is another matter, very safe. You have to realise though if you let something out of the sandbox even with SD it will run and infect, just be gone at the next reboot.

Both or either with some kind of default deny policy based software like Appgaurd or even just srp are great though.

Cheers

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

SD, and Appguard would be my choice.

6. harshisthere

Well I am using sandboxie with some customisations like automatic delete file restrictions,leader program and internet access restrictions.
    Also I am running Key scrambler.
    And shadow defender too but with shadow defender I face a problem that I have to reboot the windows before entering shadow mode after some time of reboot it hangs while I try to enter the shadow mode.
    I am running Windows 7 and microsoft security essentials

7. harshisthere

Also can someone tell me which one will be better appguard or bluepoint security

8. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

DefenseWall! :thumb:

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I'm confused, you need to reboot to enter Shadowmode?

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You're good, just need a drive imaging program, plus maybe internet safety checker (for scams) and software update monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.