The best software combination

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by guest, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2006
  2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I would also add an AV program like NOD 32 or Kaspersky as an on-demand scanner. You can integrate Sentinel with your AV and also still do full AV scans. Also, are you running a router (firewall)? My combo is router, Outpost, KAV, UnhackMe, ProcessGuard (full), Regdefend, WormGuard (proactive) and a number of blocklists, ondemand scanners and online scanners.

3. guest

guest Guest

Regdefend, WormGuard are necessary with ProcessGuard ??
    ProcessGuard protect the pc against any modification then you do not need Regdefend? I am mistaken?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

regdefend protects the registry so its different. if u also use appdepend however, then PG will be unnecessary

@guest - only u can decide what combination works best for your computer and needs but my personal preference is safe n sec and regrun (which u didnt mention) for HIPS. nod32 is my AV, spysweeper as an antispyware, and ewido as on-demand.

5. guest

guest Guest

What is the diference between safe n sec and regrun?

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

WormGuard or something similar would be an optional protection as this is covered by AV programs. There are also free programs out there that watch for scripts. RegDefend (or similar program) is necessary as ProcessGuard doesn't really defend the registry. TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy and WinPatrol provides some Registry Protection. RegRun (Greatis Software) is a very good registry protector.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well regrun can do numerous things from tracking registry changes, protecting against some scripts, and (in the platium version) scan for rootkits. (click here for more info). the equally versatile safe n sec can prompt for executing files, for allowing network access to files, and prevent process modification among other things. (click here for more info). both programs offer several versions, i use regrun gold and safe n sec + AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.