The best Instant Messenger??

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jill, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jill

jill Guest

Hi,

What's the best (for privacy) Instant Messenger?
    Or any techniques or programs to help with the
    regular IMs?

Thanks in advance!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I think Trillian uses encryption when you use it for AIM and ICQ. If i'm wrong please correct me. :)

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Trillian does encrypt AIM and ICQ you communication with others. :)

5. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

miranda is by far my favourite: http://www.miranda-im.org/

very small, non-obtrusive, no ads or junk, stable, open source

comes with plugins for msn,yahoo etc (in addition to the default icq) as well as hundreds of other plugins for virtually everything u can imagine

6. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

ya might wanna take a look at this one vista

i have got the link just not but ill add it later when i find it

its a unified IM and can connect to icq yahoo msn etc i only been trying this out a day or 2 but i like it its smaller and less bloated than some of the other IMs out there like icq

while it does contain some features that i would consider unnecessary bloat on the whole its not bad at all its better that some of the other multi protocol Ims i have tried

though i do have one or 2 minor grumbles about it because it doesn't have some of the feature which i think all Ims should have such as searching for random users

because this is what Ims are all about making new friends but its hard to find new users to chat to unless you have some way to search for em but other than that id give it 8 out of 10 not a bad app at all and its free and its also spy and adware free which is a huge bonus for me

because one of the most aggravating things to me is programs that are bloated with unessery features and then further bloated by adware spyware

i could also recommend easy messenger thats another small unified IM how ever it is still new and lacks some of the more necessary ability's such as encryption but it is coming along and i think before long this will become one of the better IMs and the author is strictly against bloat and would prefer to keep the program small and fast which is a plus and this one is also freeware and free from ads and spyware

hope this helps

7. Weber

Weber Registered Member

i also use Miranda-IM and never had a problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.