The Best Customer Service

Discussion in 'polls' started by PCJohn, Feb 16, 2006.

?

Wich one gave you good service?

1. Alwil Avast

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Bitdefender

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Emisoft A-squared

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. F-Secure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Grisoft AVG

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. H+BEDV Antivir

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Kaspersky

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. McAfee

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. NOD32

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  10. Panda antivirus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Symantec Norton antivirus

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  12. Trendmicro PC Cillin

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCJohn

PCJohn Registered Member

Wich AV company gives the best support?

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Wow! Surprised to see McAfee up there that high. Their Live Chat is pretty good though. Maybe that helped. I wish Symantec would do something to better their support. They should be embarrassed to have people think so poorly of their support.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

This is going to be a complicated answer. I've never contacted an AV customer service. In the last few years I've used KAV & NOD32 always. Some experience installing & servicing Avast home in others computers. When I 1st started like just about everybody I was using Norton. Haven't used Norton in many years. Don't like Norton/Symantec AVs. Having said said all that. My choice is Symantec. And the reason is because anytime I'm dealing with a virus outbreak. That the native AV can't handle. It's more than 99% of the time on somebody elses computer. So they don't have KAV or NOD32. Their AV is f'd, out of date, disabled, or just a poor AV. I look at the BSOD or virus name in the AV log. Then I Google the virus name. New outbreak, old virus doesn't matter. At the top is a removal tool that fits on a floppy & it's by Symantec. And it works. That's why my choice for customer or maybe truer would public service is Symantec.

4. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Eset is tops in my book, simply out of experience. I've only contacted them once, over a false positive, and it was rectified within hours. At the same time, if you visit the Eset section here you'll find some guys that seem real enough to take out for a beer for the job they're doing. I've never seen one of them not being helpful here.

So, a tip of the bumper to Eset. Grolsch is on me if I'm ever in the area!

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Out of the avs ive used or have a licence for ,kaspersky,nod,avast and avg were pretty good.One that isnt listed whereby i recieved exceptional customer service support is Dr web.Unfortunatley the problem i had with it (spidermail) could not be resolved at the time ,but it wasnt for the lack of trying from Drweb staff.
    ellison

6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I figured things would change rapidly. :) There are more KAV and NOD32 users here, so I would guess those two will come in #1 and #2, (KAV, NOD or NOD, KAV), in the poll. I'm using one, and have used the other. Both have good support.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I have never contacted customer support for KAV or Eset, so I can't be sure. If I have problems I usually go to their forums. So if we are talking about best community support then KAV and Nod32 tie. ;)

8. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Its unbelievable, I voted for H-BEDV. Why? When I beta tested their new heuristic engine, they replied very quickly to my fps I sent in.

NOD32 because of the great people in the forum here :thumb:

Alphalutra1

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive never had much experience with customer support but i voted for nod32 and avast because responses on forums have good if not excellent speed.

10. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I always received quick reply from Avast team...though I have not tried yet having an inquiry to other antivirus company. But, I think Avast is very supportive to any of their custumer either using free home or pro version. ;) :cool:

I was surprised!!! Avast only ranks second in this poll. :mad: o_O

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.