The avast! Mobile Security thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Rednose!, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Are those files really identified as malware, or are they just marked as "yellow" with the reason "Unable to read the file"?

If the later, you don't have to upload them, we understand the problem and it will be resolved in the next beta refresh (dues in just a day or two).

Thanks
    Vlk

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have 2 problems found with the yellow exclamation mark-"Read permission has been denied to the avast! virus scanner".

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Same here. But not too worried about it though.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I've reported this issue yesterday, is confirmed and will be fixed in the next program update.

5. xandros

xandros Registered Member

wow soooooooooooooo nice
    good job avast
    and i wish its free

6. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

What a great timing! I bought my 2 year old a new Samsung Galaxy and was going to install Dr. Web light after all the comments and review, but with all the features available from Avast and the company itself, I am in. Thanks for providing this to the Android market! :)

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

They are yellow as "3 problems found" and "Read permission has been denied to the avast! virus scanner". FWIW- the 3 programs are the duckduckgo app, mobile banking app and pro football app which, I believe, is from cbs interactive.

What happens if a person presses the yellow "Resolve all" button? Are the apps cleaned or deleted?

8. vlk

vlk AV Expert

I think the default action for the "yellow" items is "Ignore", but again, since this will change in the next update, I don't think you have to worry about it...

Thanks
    Vlk

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I just installed AMS and it is certainly full featured. Is there an FAQ or PDF help file for Avast Mobile Security? In particular I'd like to know my way around the anti-theft module. I've used the Theft Aware 2.0 trial in the past - does it function exactly the same in AMS?

10. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I, too, am looking for FAQ or PDF because I am not sure what the firewall does, what the icons mean. And I'm not sure what's being scanned on the SD card since the SD card definitions vary all over the place.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahaha and guess what i just recently pulled the trigger for an Android :D but i dont want to install any kind of securiy apps on my Android :D

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

After install I found that adding contacts makes my phone become unresponsive. I get the message of "Activity (in process android.process.acore) is not responding." I did not have this issue adding contacts prior to install of Avast although I assume they can be unrelated. Was finally able to add and edit my new contact after a couple tries.

13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

14. bahamot

bahamot Registered Member

Can the notification icon be removed? Kinda annoying to see it sticks on the notification bar whole time just to tell avast is running.

15. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Um I guess I'm out of touch with youngsters these days. So 2 year olds get new $500 cell phones?

16. act8192

@bahamot, and vlk of course
    I'd like it to stay. How will I know when script-kiddies take it down otherwise?

@zapjb,
    +1 :) :D

17. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Finally its here...the most polished ui with the most features...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

18. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Agree. Don't want anything running in real time (don't feel it's necessary yet). I just run Dr. Web on-demand every once in a while.

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Obviously you can (and should) do whatever you want, but why say this here? If you believe that real-time security for Android is unnecessary why not start a separate thread? You comment doesn't really have anything to do with Avast Mobile Security.

20. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

how about battery usage when using Avast Mobile Security ?

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

That's my concern, battery life of my Galaxy S II is crappy enough if i use it lots :D And i need every single bit of performance on hand for it to run smoothly :rolleyes:

22. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Didn't explain myself well. I tried Avast Mobile and it seems like a very complete program. However, I don't like having a real-time component running all the time (I'm using other security programs for theft protection and don't need it to always be running a service, scanning downloads, etc.).

I didn't see a way to turn off the real-time portion of Avast and prefer to just run an on-demand scan every once in a while. Is it possible to turn off real-time and only run it as an on-demand scanner?

23. act8192

In two days of use, I see no impact on the battery that's noticeable. I realize it's not a scientific test.
    Also, using OS Monitor, I looked at the processes. Avast is sitting idle - CPU 0%, status:Sleep. Unless there's file loading, installing, etc. activity. So I doubt that it eats the battery.

24. act8192

I'm not 100% sure, since I have no interest in disabling, but if you uncheck both virus scanner entries, perhaps it'll do what you want. Then when you want, you can turn them back on and scan.

25. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

At first, we wanted to get a portable DVD player, but she touching the disk with her dirty hands, scratching the disk, and opening the player, why not get a tablet where you can download videos, music, educational/games, and play YouTube flash videos. Everything is in one unit. No need to pry open or worry about a dvd. It was hands down and luckily we got one in the $250 range. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.