The antivirus DOESNT LET ME NAVIGATE!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Leandrusi, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leandrusi

Leandrusi Registered Member

Suddenly!, one of those little messages poped in asking "allow" or "deny"?
    As I was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of an online game :p I went DENY with allllll those popups, it surprised me, I never got those messages from eset.
    Well it looks like I did something really WRONG deniyng those things without even read em, because right after that the conection got slower and slower until navigation became impossible. Couldnt open ANY web, as it would not have conection at all.
    Of course, after checking the conection and cheking for viruses (didnt know what was goig on! o_O ), I could only connect after disabling all of the eset smart modules.
    So I got eset somehow blocking Iexplorer and online games, how can I undo this o_O??

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what messages/popups, saying what? is your av working now?

3. Leandrusi

No, as I said, I had to shut down all proteccion from eset antivirus in order to be able to navigate.
    The popup messages said something like "this "xxxx(some)" aplication is triyng to connect with an exterior computer, allow or deny?"
    I couldnt read very well, as I was serioulsy playing one online game :p so to avoid the interruption I went all deny...
    I think I remember some of these "aplicattions", one was microsoft publisher, other was the game I was playing, and maybe other was Iexplorer itself (!?).
    If I get again some message like that Ill post it.
    Now what can I do to undo this??
    I cant go navigating with the antivirus all shut down now cant I ??

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

"so to avoid the interruption I went all deny..." doesnt really make much sense to block the game you're playing, what game was it? it sounds like windows live login.
    tell us the game it could be anti cheat, browser extension, many things really.

5. Leandrusi

No, it doesnt make ANY SENSE doesnt it!? But it did that, it poped when I was playing. But nevermind that, who cares about that behaviour or about the game I was playing, I want to know where in the eset smart "options" or something I can see the programs that are being blocked. HOW DO I "UNBLOCK" IE !¿

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps switching the firewall to learning mode until all necessary rules are created without interruption would do the trick.

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

well it's kind of important, because the details you have given are somewhat confusing, what version, operating system do you have firewall on auto or interactive?
    can you access internet on safe mode with networking?

8. Leandrusi

YEAH! It definitely has to do with the firewall and those "rules"! I enabled firewall and couldnt open IE.
    But please give me a hand here, what is wrong in this picture??

http://img238.imageshack.us/i/sshot1u.png/

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

select default> all then either do as marcus said and put in training or set it to auto.

10. Leandrusi

Excuse me please! Where is that "default" optiono_O??
    Now that I can see this zone and rule dialog (didnt know where it was) I see the only thing Denied is that "Generic host for windows..." Isnt that thing what is not allowing the connection?

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

there are 3 buttons at the bottom, it's the third one, im running v3 ofc.

12. Leandrusi

Alright I feel a complete dumb now! :doubt:
    I dont see any "default" button! only 3 buttons I see are "new,edit and delete"
    Never got to see that "learning" or "auto" option either!! o_O

13. Leandrusi

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOw! I GOT IT! :argh:
    Why didnt you mentioned it was in "SETUP" :ouch: !! I see it now!

Only thing theres no "learning" but "interactive" mode instead. Lets see..

14. Leandrusi

YES SIR!!! THAT DID IT!!! :cool:

THANK YOU GUYS!! :D THAT WAS QUICK !!

YOU ROCK!! :thumb: :thumb:

15. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

If you ask me, from what I can see in the picture you posted, I have highlighted your problem... you were blocking svchost or windows generic process which is the one that handles most internet services...
    See the pic.
    I know your problem is solved but if you happen to have troubles again, don't deny internet access to that process and by that I mean let it out, don't let it take connections in.

Attached Files:

16. Leandrusi

Will do :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.