The amazing product called Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ssj100, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

I run IE sandboxed. I lile to have the option to recover individual files I download - as opposed to recover them at the end of the session.

I use Bittorrent sandboxed, however, with this, I do not want to recover each individual file seperately, but at the end when the session finishes.

Is there a way to configure sandboxie to do this automatically? I do not want to have to intervene manually each time - as I have the sandboxie control hidden from the system tray - so it must do this automatically.

Is this possible - and if so, how do i do it?

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I'm not usually a proponent of these "isn't x great" threads,but in SandboxIE's case I make an exception.This awesome little utility must be one of the most under-rated programs of all time.When respected pc mags mention the best security set-ups the plain little box rarely gets a mention,which is a disgrace IMO.

4. PsychEroc

PsychEroc Registered Member

Thanks for the info on your configurations, I really like to see all the different possibilities.

On that note, are there any other programs that people have sandboxed? For example, some that are less obviously connected to the internet? What about Acrobat Reader, M$ Office, Java, etc? Or, can you sandbox remote desktop or Virtual PC?

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I sandbox my browsers, WinAmp, Screamer Radio (for internet radio), chat program and my PDF reader. I do allow Java.exe to start in the browser otherwise an online scanner I use locks up Firefox.

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I've already (not recently) sandboxed Virtual Box and ran Ubuntu surfing with Firefox. Worked very smoothly and that was on an older Pentium 4 machine.

Acadia

7. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Sandboxie Beta Version 337.07 working for me with Win 7 RC & Firefox.

Feels quicker than with my XP. Very quick start up.

8. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Hello Ice,

Did you ever get that resolved? Funny thing is that I had just installed SBIE on my wife's laptop this afternoon (twice) and had the exact same issue with the synaptics mouse pad.

If you got a fix I'd sure love to hear about it so I could reinstall it. (I tried to PM but the system was down apparently.)

Thanks in advance. :cool:

9. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Unfortunately no. I'm sorry to say. I went on to using GeSWall which is a different beast to SBIE but I get similar protection. The last version I tried was FF3.5b4 with SBIE 3.34 and it was not solved. Maybe some guru using SBIE could figure this one out.

Ice

10. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Many thanks for the quick reply. :thumb:

That's too bad as I would've liked to use it on my wife's laptop, especially since it would've been really easy and she has no patience for all these security apps. Well, as you say, maybe we'll get lucky and hear of a solution at some point. If you do, please let me know and I will do the same for you.

Thanks again. :cool:

11. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Blues, you might want to try the fix they had at the sandboxie forum relating to this issue. Apparently, some people said it worked for them. If you search their forums for synaptics, you will find a solution but it didn't work for me. You might have better luck with it.

Ice

12. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I'll have a look...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.