Thanks to all here

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by nixie21, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

For recommending and teaching me to use FD-ISR... For someone like me it is the single best piece of software I have ever bought!!! I have my secondary snapshot, very basic nothing much installed. Then I have a couple of different Archives with different configs and such. I have been testing MANY different softwares and when finished, restore the archive and right back to where I started---5 minutes total! I love it and would never of bought (or been able to use it correctly) w/o your help, and could not live without it now!

So again I say THANKS!

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

:thumb: :cool:

Acadia

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes I know, I'm installing one DVD converter after another in my frozen snapshot.
    I reboot, everything is gone and my computer is ready for another DVD converter.
    In the old days my computer was full of leftovers and crap, not anymore with FDISR. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Same here with me too.:)

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Nixie21 and all

Its fun to watch people grasp this marvelous software, and equally a pleasure to help.

Pete

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

This program trumps any other i ever experienced before in my years of computing and does it with amazing precision and quickness to boot. You can't imagine the time-saving benefits i now find with it. I can for the first time finally stop holding my breath everytime some sudden issue raises it's ugly head to run me to the medicine cabinet and have to concede to the malfunction in planning for a very lengthy process of first trying to diagnose the origin of the malfunction and the subsequent time lost working to discover at least some limited recovery which can consume hours if not days to fully correct, that is if i don't just throw up my arms and resort to do a reinstall which is no picnic either when your tons of data are just sitting there in limbo, totaly unreachable within any reasonble amount of time to get up and running normally again.

7. ErikAlbert

Recently, my system partition was FULL due to an unsuccessfull test, I had only 3mb free space left.
    A simple reboot in my frozen snapshot and I got my free space (3/4 of my harddisk) back without doing anything.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I can literally create even a new snapshot and have it up and running in less than that time which is nothing short of completely amazing! to me. :eek:

What offers even more to this excitment and complete satisfaction is i can Copy/Update a snapshot or archive which literally takes seconds, not even enough time to raise myself off the chair to make it to the kitchen or other room. Incredibly Rapid! That it is.

9. ErikAlbert

You are right. Once your snapshots and archives are created, their updating is a matter of seconds or minuts.
    You can create test snapshots, if you like, but if you use a frozen snapshot you don't need more snapshots and you always can turn a frozen snapshot in to a normal snapshot, if you don't need it anymore. I work constantly with two snapshots.

The difference between FDISR and RBRx is that RBRx is faster in creating NEW snapshots, but that's not an advantage for me.
    I don't need more than two snapshots for daily use, not even for testing softwares. The more snapshots I have, the more bookkeeping I have. RBRx8 is already slower in creating new snapshots.

RBRx uses less space, yes but when I read this,
    I don't believe in RBRx's speed and less space anymore. FDISR doesn't have these problems and this is a kind of problem, I wouldn't like to have either, because RBRx is supposed to help me, not the other way.

FDISR works only for ONE partition, while RBRx works for more than ONE partition.
    I have a system partition [C:] and a data partition [D:]. My data partition contains nothing but folders and data files.
    What's the advantage of using a rollback software in this partition ? To get a previous version of one or more data files ? I solve that problem with ATI's file-by-file recovery WHEN I need it. That happened only ONE time since I have my new computer.

RBRx + Image Backup ? Well find me one, that recovers ALL RBRx-snapshots and not just the baseline or current snapshot and then we talk again. Is Paragon (raw image) such a fantastic GENERAL solution for EVERY USER ?

So where are all these so called advantages of RBRx ? I don't see any, on the contrary I see only disadvantages and problems.
    And this is, what is supposed to be called RECOVERY. Good grief, I have a much better solution. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  10. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Not if you make a snapshot with V8 from the System Tray. Same as V7, 3 to 5 seconds max.

RollbackRx works only for one partition.

ATI recovers everything just as it would using FDISR without RollbackRx. So, you still get the same bare metal recovery results whether you use Rollback with FDISR or just FDISR. The only difference is that you have to reinstall Rollback in just one of the snapshots (the one you restored to from ATI. it will already be in the other FDISR snapshots). This reinstall processs takes about 60 seconds plus a reboot.

I would suggest that you take a Trial run of V8 and see if it has any benefits that you might like to use in testing your personal stuff.

You can still use FDISR in same way as you are now, and have the additional benefit of fast, incremental type snapshots, using very little disk space. Used properly with PD, you get the fastest defragger I have ever seen...it takes just seconds. If you have the time to study the User Manual and the website, and play around with it during during a trial, I think you might discover some benefits that you aren't aware of.

Silver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.