Thanks Menorcamen!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leog, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leog

leog Registered Member

Your advice about why my XP laptop would not boot past the bios without my external usb hd connected was dead on. Once I deleted the safety zone on the usbhd and rebooted, it booted fine without the drive connected.

This was not mentioned in acronis' literature and I was about to email them asking for a refund, considering they had ignored 3 of my emails to their tech support. They should hire you as a consultant!

Thanks again...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leog,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response to your letters.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? Though your problem was already fixed (thanks to Menorcaman) I need to find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you for the cooperation.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. leog

leog Registered Member

Acronis #208541

Hope that 1: There are no more problems, 2: If there are, that you guys respond next time.

The software seems pretty cool, now that I understand it a little better thanks to people on this forum, but the documentation really needs to be improved. How was I supposed to know that I couldn't boot any computer without the HD with the safety zone connected to it? All I wanted to do was a simple backup of my laptop. In the end, TI saved me from having to re-install all my apps, but I'm not sure it saved me much actual time, because it took me 3-4 days to finally get the answers to my questions regarding TI.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello leog,

I have found your letter. We do apologize for the dealy with the response.

To avoid such situation you got into we have organized this forum because some problem could be solved here faster than we get the letter (your case is the example).

You should have got the warning message when you activated Acronis Startup Recovery Manager stating that the it we do not recommend to activate it on external drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello leog,

Glad I was able to help. I'm not so sure about the consultant bit though as I'm too busy enjoying my retirement on this holiday island!!

Kind regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.