Thank you.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acadia, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Just want to say "Thank you" to Paul and whoever else may be involved with starting an Acronis TrueImage support Forum. Excellent idea and muchly needed, thanks again. :)

Acadia

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I too am very happy with the new Acronis forum.

Big welcome to Acronis !

I wish the new forum a great future !
    TrueImage is most definitely a great program !!!

Cheers, Jan.

3. Papa Ray

Papa Ray Guest

I have to agree with you 100 percent. I would like to add the expression of my appreciation.

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have just found this section now and I too say 'Thank you' as I have only recently started to use Acronis and definitely need to know more about using the various tools provided not just the create ~ check & mount image I have been using.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

Good, reliable top notch back up software is in fact a must for all. Since we only aim at the best - Acronis has been a logical choice. We are glad to host their Official Support Forum, for the benefit of all our members, visitors and lurkers. In the end, it's all of you this board and its forums is intended for!

regards.

paul

6. dp

dp Registered Member

I would also like to add my thanks to Paul for hosting the official 'TrueImage Support forum' and thanks to Acronis support for participating.

7. howie

howie Registered Member

Thanks to everyone involved in starting this Acronis True Image forum...
    Hopefully, with everyones input, we can make a great product even better!
    Thanks again,
    howie

8. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Acronis True Image is indeed a fine Acronis back up product.

More important, the customer support is really great, their reactions on questions and problems are always very fast, try to solve any problem as fast as possible, and have a open ear for improvement suggestions.

Ciao,

Smokey

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Would it be a good idea, particularly for newbies, if we can transfer the 'old' posts, including stickies, from the Software and Services section to here?

For example; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9111

Not everyone carries out a site search. Most of the threads are about the older version but there is still some interesting reading there and all the hardwork from FanJ.

Just my 2 cents.

10. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Good idea!;)

Paul and/or LWM, where are you?:D

Ciao,

Smokey

11. swatch

swatch Guest

Great!!! At last an open and fully supported Acronis forum. Many have been waiting for this to happen - and for sure this is the oone and only place to host it.

swatch

12. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I have mentione this to admin but as much of the info in that link relates to TI 6 and is slightly out of date, it is supposed to be being rewritten to update it to include TI 7 and then will be included in this forum

13. mecalvint

mecalvint Registered Member

Finally !!!!!

A TI forum !!!!!

I'm a network admin for a very mission critical LAN, and I've picked TI for a special backup purpose: live imaging. I have nodes that cannot be turned off during imaging.

There are only two imaging apps for my need, TI and DI. I've picked TI 'cause the boot CD is Linux based.

But I've found that support of TI has been lacking. Responses from TI takes several days, even weeks. After several nagging emails, somebody called and helped me out. I thank TI for that, but hopefully the response can be faster next time, because a backup app is very important, and issues should be resolved quickly.

That's why this forum is godsend. I thank you for hosting it.

14. CloseCall

CloseCall Guest

The cynic in me questions why Acronis elected to use a separate(?) company to host a forum (Acronis does point people to here). What is the relationship? Why is Acronis unwilling to host a forum under its own banner?

Script processing and documentation seem in need of attention.

The script processor (TrueImageTerminal.exe) does not exit when it has finished processing a TI script (waits for CTL-B to be entered). This makes it useless to be invoked from a higher non-TI script. (/NOWAIT is not useful if you need to wait until the TI script finishes before going on to the next step in the higher script.)

The DOS / Dos-box console programs lack documentation of several parameters, but the one really needed for backup, /SPLIT:xxxx does not seem to exist.

And of course, the lack of backup AND verify (set errorlevel) has already been noted.

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

CloseCall,

First of all: we do host several official support software support forums - have look at the main page. As for Acronis: this press release might be of interest of you.

I'll leave the technical issues up to Acronis tech support.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.