Thank You, Marcos. Good Bye Eset!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xp_1839, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xp_1839

xp_1839 Registered Member

Thank to Marcos for the helps given to me and follower users of Eset security product. I understand you are bounded my company polices to certain requirements.

It is time for me to move on to other Antivirus after using NOD32/Eset for 3 years. NOD32/Eset is a good security product but unfortunately recurring update issues continue to bug users.

In fact, my current 3 years license will expires in Aug 2010, but the update issue is too much for me, after all I can't be sitting in front of my PC just hitting update tens, hundreds and thousands of times.....Goodbye.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello xp_1839,
    we have already explained that v3 users should have been downloading updates fine. A delay in receiving automatic/manual updates at the first attempt should have disappear within one day since releasing the huge update for v2 users. I'd welcome if those having some problems would rather contact us and help us pinpoint the issues instead of saying good bye without trying to find out the actual source of the problem. We have seen many different causes why users couldn't update, for instance expired license, using cracks that replace default update servers or misconfigured update settings. I'm sorry if you want to move elsewhere now, there have never been issues with v3 like that until now (unfortunately, it was a coincidence of 3 factors), but as I said the situation was remedied within 24 hours for v3 users and it won't happen in the future again as we have taken measures to prevent such problems. I think there should be no problem refunding you the money if you contact the distributor/reseller you purchased the product from. You can always have your computer scanned by the on-line scanner in the future and maybe one day we will welcome you back in our growing ESET's family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.