TH exe

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by beethoven, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am running Trojanhunter on one PC and I noticed twice an alert from RD re this program trying to change the startup group/ registry.
    As I believe the program is fine, I have allowed once (each time) but I wonder if someone can shed some more light on it. TH updates new definitions automatically, could that have an effect on the registry? Otherwise I don't understand why these changes should occur as I have not made any config changes. o_O

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Was it during the install of TrojanHunter or just when obtaining an update?

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Jason,
    I had installed TH several weeks before and it is set to update definitions automatically. The new version has a scheduler included.
    I am not sure whether the alert appeared immediately after the update or whether it has anything to do with new definitions. I only noticed the alert yesterday after some time when I came back to the PC. The scheduled update was set to happen in the interim period. Then this morning it appeared when rebooting the system. I did not do any regular installation since the original set up a few weeks ago for this program.

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Maybe the scheduler uses registry autostarts so it stays active on your system the whole time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.