"Testing SpyHunter's ability to detect malware", iangcarroll on BleepingComputer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Aura, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Aura

Aura Registered Member

Thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607565/testing-spyhunters-ability-to-detect-malware/

ian, a Study Hall Junior on BleepingComputer tested SpyHunter against 10 samples to show once and for all that the bad reviews against it have reasons to exist. It's the first public test of SpyHunter where the samples used can be freely downloaded and verified, the kind of test that SpyHunter supporters refused to do when asked to.

What do you think of this?

2. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I tried to download the first sample but forgot to turn off WD. WD caught the sample first and made me reboot my computer. I was just curious as to which of my security programs would bark first. I might try turning off WD just to see what happens. I have Malwarebytes antimalware, Antiexploit, Heidmal, WinAntorasom Plus. Or I might turn off all but whatever one I am testing.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Just out of curiosity,
    How would other more well known anti-malware solutions fare against exactly the same samples.?
    Have others been tested.

Rather than outright condemn spyhunter,maybe a comparison with others would give a fairer picture.

4. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I have not tested them against Spyhunter but can say Windows Defender won't let you even download them, let alone try to install. I am pretty sure this is why he shut WD off before trying to test Spyhunter. And so I am not sure everyone's view on this new WD on Win 10 machines.

5. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Hey @Aura, what do you think of this?

https://www.av-test.org/fileadmin/pdf/reports/AV-TEST_Enigma_Remediation_Testing_Report_May_2016.pdf

A good result for SpyHunter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.