Test to determine how quick Prevx is at discovering new malware

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Retadpuss, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retadpuss

Retadpuss Suspended Member

Im forever playing about with new malware and whilst Prevx is one of the best at detecting new threats, it, like all the others, sometimes misses very new or low spread malware.

I would be interested to test Prevx to see how quickly it would detect a new piece of malware and add it to its detection list.

I reguarly get hold of new samples that go undetected and I was thinking of running individual samples in coordination with some associates around the world at controled time intervals to see how quickly / if Prevx catches it.

The only issue I can see is we wont know how many times a piece of malware has been seen by Prevx already - if it has been seen at all.

Any thoughts on this Joe?

Puss.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I think this would be fine to test - it is hard to control the situations as they are ever changing and highly dynamic but the best test would be to use malware entering from the correct context (i.e. from an exploit) into the system and then to ensure that the system remains online to submit any further information to the database.

I'll be interested to see what you find - let me know if you have any problems or have any questions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.